The Truth Will Out

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the Western World we are use to knowing facts about ourselves such as our full names that's on our Birth Certificates and our Date of Birth. In the Philippines these things are not important so many people do not know their full name or date of birth. I have known this for a long time but to prove it 2 days ago a asked a 16 year old girl who is about to enter her last year in high school to write her full name that's on her Birth Certificate. After she wrote her name I asked her to write her Date of Birth. For her full name she wrote a B. for her middle name and her Date of Birth is December 9, 9996. You could say this was only a mistake but the first time she forgot to write the 9 after December so she wrote her Date of Birth again. Both times she wrote 9996,which means she will be born in about 7,983 years from now.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I have to admit...  I had some confusion about my Special Someone's age as well...  The birth year I had made her a year younger than she really is! 

Funny!  Her birthday is later this week.  Good time for this subject to come up...  !

:mocking:

LOL I just did a quick double-check of the short angry one's birthday because of that Bob!  Breathing space until November.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have to admit...  I had some confusion about my Special Someone's age as well...  The birth year I had made her a year younger than she really is! 

Funny!  Her birthday is later this week.  Good time for this subject to come up...  !

=Taurus = very easy to handle if they find themselves treated OK,

but IF you finnish their big patience, then they get angry at you "for ever"   :lol:

In the Western World we are use to knowing facts about ourselves such as our full names that's on our Birth Certificates and our Date of Birth. In the Philippines these things are not important so many people do not know their full name or date of birth. I have known this for a long time but to prove it 2 days ago a asked a 16 year old girl who is about to enter her last year in high school to write her full name that's on her Birth Certificate. After she wrote her name I asked her to write her Date of Birth. For her full name she wrote a B. for her middle name and her Date of Birth is December 9, 9996. You could say this was only a mistake but the first time she forgot to write the 9 after December so she wrote her Date of Birth again. Both times she wrote 9996,which means she will be born in about 7,983 years from now.

And in Phili some birth certificates don't even have corect sex   :hystery:

About that 9996. Perhaps it's an other year counting than the one we use?    

(E g the year counting they use in Thailand and China are much higher. I have forgot how much, but I don't believe they have reached 9996 yet.)

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thomas you are right about Thailand, China, Vietnam and some other countries using a calendar with a much higher year. I believe its called the Sacred Calendar but I'm sure the Philippines uses the Roman calendar like most of the world. The girl just doesn't comprehend what year she was born in or even what Century it is.

The young lady who lives next door to me her Birth Certificate said she was a male until she paid a Lawyer to get it changed. This seems to be a very common error in the Philippines but I never heard of it happening in the USA where I'm from. Is it caused by illiteracy, laziness, don't care attitude, or corruption?  I often wonder if anyone can answer that question.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If you hear 1996, and never see it, you could hear a bunch of 9's and a 6.  9996 - 1996 - same thing

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you hear 1996, and never see it, you could hear a bunch of 9's and a 6.  9996 - 1996 - same thing

Yes, there we have the corect answer, I suppose.

(Ninteen and ninty ("ninte") sounds very similar.)

I didn't thought of it  :)

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Fillipinas count their age as the next number once they pass the halfway mark. If your girl is 24 and 6 months she will automatically say that she is 25, she is in fact nearer to 25 than 24 by their reckoning.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Fillipinas count their age as the next number once they pass the halfway mark. If your girl is 24 and 6 months she will automatically say that she is 25, she is in fact nearer to 25 than 24 by their reckoning.

OH GREAT!

Now I will have to go and double check with my Special Someone again just how old she is!!!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
OH GREAT! Now I will have to go and double check with my Special Someone again just how old she is!!!

As long as she is => the age of consent in what ever country you are in, who cares how old she is! Just make sure the life insurance is paid up. Now drink your warm milk and take a nap, old man!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

OH GREAT! Now I will have to go and double check with my Special Someone again just how old she is!!!

As long as she is => the age of consent in what ever country you are in, who cares how old she is! Just make sure the life insurance is paid up. Now drink your warm milk and take a nap, old man!

Well. It can be some difference if Bob's gf is 18 or 26, because if he want to marry her (and other legal matters too ?) and she isn't old enough* then her parents have to say OK too. In worst case it can be a long waiting time until the gf become old enough to decide herself   :)  

*25 (or is it above 25=26?)  Our way of counting age or theirs?  :)

Btw - I don't know if it's same anywhere in Phili, but in Thailand at least some switch to saying e g "30" when being 29 and one day, while in western countries it's common women try to stay 29 for ever...   :lol:       

• Like 3