Whats Your Speed?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Using Vyper VPN - currently Austin, TX

2751584660.png

No VPN - Iloilo, PI  Globe WiMax.

2751588948.png

This reminds me, Globe said they would bring me an antenna for the WiMax... I need to call them.

~Edit~

Yet somehow I stream Netflix using my VPN?  I don't see how - but it works great.

Edited by Tuka Ram

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
that is the site I had bookmarked anyway .... used to just pop up the test meter but no more .... any ideas  

Didn't you use some sort of pop up blocker. It can take awhile to show at times.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

SMART WIMAX without VPN

DL 1.03 MBPS

UL .07 MBPS

Ping 387 ms

SMART WIMAX with Stong VPN (Miami)

Pittman's test site would not come up.  Strange.

Tried www.speedtest.net

DL 85 MBPS

UL .07 MBPS

Ping  400 ms

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It would be helpful to someone considering what service to get if the plan and provider was included with the speed eg, Globe DSL up to 3Mb/s plan, getting 1.5.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Antietam Cable Television Speed Test Results By 24.49.54.x

Test performed at Wednesday 2013/06/05 02:44 am

7.37 Mbps

0.90 Mbps

PING: 18 MS

cost about $39.00 usd per month

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Comcast Cable Speed Test Results By 98.252.68.x

Test performed at Wednesday 2013/06/05 03:55 am
12.37 Mbps
6.24 Mbps
Comcast Cable Speed Test Results From 98.252.68.x Download Speed:12,666 kbps (1,583.3 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed:6,389 kbps (798.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
PING: 98 MS

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

are you sure your ready to see this hahaha ?? ok sorry guys 2750820975.png

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Are you on top of the node? That's a killer speed to have in both directions. Now only if the other other side one downloads is just as fast.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

I am using PLDT-Subic;

2.89MBps down
0.77 MBps up
Ping 29ms

I am paying for a 3MB DSL which typically means 762K upload. Of course I have noticed the performance yoyo's during the day (sometimes as low as 1MB down and 512K up....

http://speedtest.net/result/2753067152.png

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Interesting I've been using SpeedNet PH for years and now suddenly all I get is this screen with no means to test my bandwidth .... here is the link ...... http://www.speedtest.net/ ...... it used to be Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test   ..... that is the site I had bookmarked anyway .... used to just pop up the test meter but no more .... any ideas

here's what I see know ..........attachicon.gifSpeedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test_1370313709878.jpg

Here is what I'm pushing using another site ..... attachicon.gifGlobe Telecom (GMCR,INC) Speed Test Results From 180.190.214.x_1370313657621.jpg

Using Globe DSL with their 2Mbps & telephone service (no long distance) for p1300 per month .....

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I get a lot of variation in mine.  Here is today, with VPN running.  Same exit as my last test - which was0.26 and 0.14

2755717016.png

still not great but much better than the other day.  I use Globe WiMax at home.  And this is using Vyper VPN exiting in Austin, TX, for Netflix viewing.  Streams perfectly.

Edited by Tuka Ram