Whats Your Speed?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

If you had a plan with Globe/PDLT in the past, in good standing, there is no security deposit nor install charges when you move to a different house. At least there was not for us with Globe.

Just curious, how long do they hold your security deposit?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just curious, how long do they hold your security deposit?

I assume it is until you turn the equipment back in, but I could be wrong.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Pittman's test site would not come up. Strange.

dont know either? guess that they changed something in the link?

just took a speed test   3247456131.png

here are my results

from clear path networks

http://www.ip-adress.com/speedtest/

Download Speed:492 kbps (61.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed:235 kbps (29.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

ping 265ms

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My speed is amazing today and by saying that, I have probably just put a jinx on it!  Since I got the new MyBro box I have been consistently at 2 mbps download.  Then last night and this morning, it seemed slow for the first time.  Then this afternoon, it is blazing!  Perhaps they upgraded something?

Using Speedtest.net, I have been averaging over 5 mbps during the last hour!  I hope this keeps up!  

Here is what is strange.  When I used Pittman's link for IP address.com, the result is always 1-3 mbps slower.  Both Speedtest and IP Address are powered by Ookla.  So which is most accurate?

I think IP Address may not be using an optimal server.  The ping is always over 300 ms whereas on Speedtest the ping is usually 47 or 62 ms.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My speed is amazing today and by saying that, I have probably just put a jinx on it! Since I got the new MyBro box I have been consistently at 2 mbps download. Then last night and this morning, it seemed slow for the first time. Then this afternoon, it is blazing! Perhaps they upgraded something?

Using Speedtest.net, I have been averaging over 5 mbps during the last hour! I hope this keeps up!

Here is what is strange. When I used Pittman's link for IP address.com, the result is always 1-3 mbps slower. Both Speedtest and IP Address are powered by Ookla. So which is most accurate?

I think IP Address may not be using an optimal server. The ping is always over 300 ms whereas on Speedtest the ping is usually 47 or 62 ms.

Take a look at what server you are going through. Ookla will tell you straight out which one. If they are going to different places...

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Ookla will tell you straight out which one.

Speednet tells you something like "metro manila"  but the other one does not tell you, as far as I can see.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Try this one, they use a single connection to the host and don't combine results (so they say) so it may be more accurate. It also has more options like Download only and file size. Try multiple locations.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Try this one, they use a single connection to the host and don't combine results (so they say) so it may be more accurate. It also has more options like Download only and file size. Try multiple locations.

Thanks MikeB .... :thumbsup:  ....... you now gave me a new favorite speed checker as it also gives you speed comparisons for your city and country ... great find ... gonna try some of the other options a bit later ....  :tiphat:  .... shows I'm getting 1.9Mbps on a 2.0Mbps account so not to shabby .... :dance:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike!

I tried it and got the slower results than speed test... Speed Test took me to a server in Buffalo, NY which is normal as I am only 30 miles away from there. This one took me to Dallas. There are good arguments for going to either but I am a little confused to the logic of Dallas itself as opposed to a more lower traffic server. But hey! That's a technical what for. It fired work quite well.!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yes, that is a nice one.  Yesterday I searched for test sites and I am surprised that one did not come up.  I found a lot of others and I think they were all powered by Ookla.

My results on the different servers are all over the place but overall much better than earlier in the week.  On Speedtest when I am using the Metro Manila SMART server, I get the best results.  Most of my tests in the graph below were on that server.  You can see in the graph where I was typically getting ~ 2 MBPS and then yesterday it jumped to ~ 5 MBPS.  Then is dropped this morning (Saturday morning traffic?) but has since moved back up to ~ 4-5 MBPS.

post-1784-0-64865100-1390615839_thumb.jp

Strangely, on the site Mike sent, TestMy, I had good results this morning from the Dallas and Singapore servers, when Speedtest on the SMART server had slowed down.  Just now I got 1.8 from Dallas and 4.0 from Singapore.