Whats Your Speed?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike!

I tried it and got the slower results than speed test... Speed Test took me to a server in Buffalo, NY which is normal as I am only 30 miles away from there. This one took me to Dallas. There are good arguments for going to either but I am a little confused to the logic of Dallas itself as opposed to a more lower traffic server. But hey! That's a technical what for. It fired work quite well.!

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

On Speedtest you can ask to change the server but you can't choose it.  When I change it, mine will usually go back and forth from SMART Manila to SKY Manila, and SMART has much better results.  I am using a SMART (MyBro) Wimax so I guess that makes sense.

One time yesterday it switched me to a server in Clark, which is closest to me, and it had terrible results.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well, I knew it was probably too good to be true.  After getting up to 6 MBPS last night, I am back to getting a consistent 2 MBPS with my new MyBro / HomeBro (replacement for SmartBro).  This is what I was getting earlier in the week.  Perhaps they were allowing a higher speed as a test.  I downloaded a 1.5 gb movie last night in about an hour but now I will probably be back to 4-6 hours.

And the kicker is, at p999, I am paying 2X as much as a new subscriber.  They have a special now p499 for up to 2 MBPS.

http://pldthome.com/surf/mybro/about

If anyone is looking for a new service, that is a good deal, if you can actually get the speed.  It is working well here in Subic right now, but it might not work well in other places.  It would be best to borrow one from someone and test it at your location.

The 2 MBPS is fine for most things.  Anything more is icing on the cake.  Our contract is up in March so I guess if it is consistent and I still like it, I might be able to get it for p499.  Decent internet for a bit over $10 is a good buy.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Well, I knew it was probably too good to be true.  After getting up to 6 MBPS last night, I am back to getting a consistent 2 MBPS with my new MyBro / HomeBro (replacement for SmartBro).  This is what I was getting earlier in the week.  Perhaps they were allowing a higher speed as a test.

Same here with Globe. I was getting 11 plus for a few weeks but now am at 2 most of the time. 2 is good for me.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought this was a bit to good to be true ...... if I read this right only the first month is p499 .... 2-24 is still p999 .... wow 2 years lock in ....... my Globe was only 1 year .... and I choked on that .... :hystery: :hystery:

post-11-0-56135400-1390647361_thumb.png

Edited by Mike S

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I thought this was a bit to good to be true ...... if I read this right only the first month is p499 .... 2-24 is still p999 .... wow 2 years lock in ....... my Globe was only 1 year .... and I choked on that .... :hystery: :hystery:

attachicon.gifPLDT_Bro™_Promo_-_2mbps_internet_for_only_Php_499_-_2014-01-25_18.54.59.png

You are right.  I didn't read it carefully.  And the termination fee is the number of months left in the contract.  For SMART it is only 2 months.