Bi Launches Long-Stay Visa

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Interesting .... wonder if the criminal background check will have to be supplied with these new visas as they are now 6 months .... also be interesting to see what the cost will be .... sticker could be a very good idea providing it is small and they don't use it on one whole page but then if you are here for 6 months maybe it doesn't matter ..... wonder why other countries haven't thought of it ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I have to renew Monday or Tuesday this week, so I will ask about it.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Launched next week huh? I will believe it after I see it. If they are ready to launch a new visa then why didn't they say how much it will cost. What about the 30 day visa everyone was talking about last year? Are we still get that visa too?

dalidali
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sounds good to me.

Launched next week!!.....oh happy days are ahead!! Maybe :thumbsup:

This would sure help by not having to navigate Mandaue every 59 days.

And wouldn't it be great that this same 6 month visa, be good for multiple, or least one additional entry.

It would not surprise me if the 6 month visa was DOUBLE, or more, the cost of a 59 day one.

Wet sticker??....it that a "lick with spit" type that is glued on the passport page? Takes up a whole damn page?

I just have a red colored "rubber stamp" entry stamp, a black colored extension stamp and a green colored exit stamp......all on the same passport page.

Maybe Mr Jollygoodfellow could keep track of the progress as this new change develops.

Edited by dalidali

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

FINALLY! It took nearly one year of committee meetings to get the program launched. Of course, every time the committee met, all the members received a per diem, also known as an honorarium. Hopefully, the SRRV Courtesy visa for military retirees won't take as long.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

This is step in the right direction if they follow thru (both on this and the SRRV)... 

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

They forgot to mention that in Cebu Abellon will have all of the stickers in his desk. And the stickers will go to the highest bidders. I mean the biggest bribe.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

They forgot to mention that in Cebu Abellon will have all of the stickers in his desk. And the stickers will go to the highest bidders. I mean the biggest bribe.

Well thats not really a fact is it, just an opinion. Seems to be a lot of naysayers in many topics lately for some reason.   :89:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Seems to be a lot of naysayers in many topics lately for some reason.

Sorry sir if my questions seemed to be negative ..... I assure you it was not intended ..... they were just (I thought) legitimate questions that came to my mind about the new visas as not a whole lot of info was supplied by the BI ..... but guess I shouldn't have answered as I'm on a 13a and really have no interest in the 6 month visa ..... please delete this and my other post above if it offends anyone .... I have no problem with that at all ....  I'd delete it myself but that option has passed ..... :mocking:

:cheersty: