Bi Launches Long-Stay Visa

earthdome
Posted
Posted

What is an express lane fee?  I have only done 4 extensions so far, but I have never heard of it.  Is it just something at offices with a line?  We have no line in Iloilo...

Look at your receipt. It should be listed.

jon1
Posted
Posted

Why does everyone have to pay the Express Lane Fee even if they don't request it?  OnMyWay said he paid it 2 times when applying for a 59 day extension for a total of P1,000. We are being charged fees for services not requested so why would anyone think a new visa or program would save us money? I can't imagine the government doing anything to save us money so I will believe it after I see it.

The Olongapo BI's explanation was "so you will not have to go all the way to Manila to do the extension."

I watched/listened to a New Yorker in there the other month, bitching up a storm every step of the way. Then he started on the express fee. How it was taking too long and why was he having to pay an express fee. They told him what I listed above, and said if he didn't shut his trap they would not process his paperwork and he could go to Manila to do it. He was pretty quiet after that hahahaha... 

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

What is an express lane fee?  I have only done 4 extensions so far, but I have never heard of it.  Is it just something at offices with a line?  We have no line in Iloilo...

Look at your receipt. It should be listed.

Just checked my last 2 receipts.  No mention of express lane fee.  I guess Iloilo does not do it. 

but in any case I sure hope they get the 6 months extension for Iloilo soon.  Not going all the way to Manila for it 

Americano
Posted
Posted

Maybe Ilolio is not as corrupt as some other areas. The Express Lane fee is always charged in Cebu City.  Well that's the office where the employee got arrested recently for corruption. Makes me wonder if the Express Lane fee is going into his pocket since its not necessary and not on the BOI list of fees.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The express lane application fee and the express lane fee are both charged in Bacolod.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

The express lane application fee and the express lane fee are both charged in Bacolod.

Another place where all of the employees need to be investigated to find out where the unnecessary fees are going.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The Express Lane fee is always charged in Cebu City.

What happen if telling you DON'T want to pay any express lane fee? Will your application never be handled then?   :)  

And what happen if the VISA isn't renewed in time, although you applied some time BEFORE it expired, but you didn't got it in time, BECAUSE of you didn't wanted to pay express lane fee? 

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The Express Lane fee is always charged in Cebu City.

What happen if telling you DON'T want to pay any express lane fee? Will your application never be handled then?   :)

And what happen if the VISA isn't renewed in time, although you applied some time BEFORE it expired, but you didn't got it in time, BECAUSE of you didn't wanted to pay express lane fee? 

TOFT  You try it and let us know the result.

I don't want to be the guinea pig at the BI.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What happen if telling you DON'T want to pay any express lane fee?

When renewing:  First fill out document, then they process what you owe, then you pay, then they process the Visa Extension.  If you don't pay what they charge it never gets to the final step and you walk out without a Visa renewal.  Choices are to leave country or stay illegally. 

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
What happen if telling you DON'T want to pay any express lane fee? Will your application never be handled then?

As Dave mentioned the only choice is to not pay and no visa or pay and get visa ....

Now my take on the express-lane fee is this ....... when I first got here there was no express-lane fee and it took sometimes 4-5 hours to get anything done so a lot of people used an agent (I did too at first rather than camp out at the BI) after about my 2nd trip they started charging the express-lane fee and the time dropped down to about 2 hours .... my 3rd and last visa renewal (got my 13a temp) it had gone down to 30 min to 1 hour depending on time of day ....

I first time I had to pay the express-lane fee I asked what it was for and the BI official told me it was to pay for the new machines used to send the data to Manila and back much faster .... it seemed to work for those that don't remember the good ol' days ...... now I go once a year and in and out in 15-20min .... no fuss no muss ..... but that is with a 13a .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 3