Bi Launches Long-Stay Visa

johnb
Posted
Posted

You will see from sections 4 and 5 the likely cost of this Visa and that initially it will only be available in Manila

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE) MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RADJR-2013-007

Pursuant to Memorandum Circular No. RADJR-2013-002, the following guidelines are hereby issued in connection with the implementation of the LSVVE:

1. Applicability – The LSVVE shall apply to all nationals.

2. Extension of Tourist Visa – Subsequent LSVVEs may be applied for during the last thirty (30) days of the previously issued LSVVE, or upon the expiry of a regular visa extention.

3. Restriction on Extensions – The approval of the Commissioner shall be required for visa extensions when the number of months applied for would exceed the 16-month limit.

Foreign nationals with an accumulated total stay near the 16-month cap from the date of their latest arrival should be informed of the preceding restriction should they apply for additional visa extensions.

No LSVVE shall be issued to visa-required nationals whose stay exceeds twenty-four (24) months and thirty-six (36) months for non visa-required nationals.

4. Payment and Fees – An additional One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall accrue for the account of the Bureau of Treasury.

Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire six (6) month period.

5. Implementation – The initial implementation on the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila until further notice.

(Sgd.) RICARDO A. DAVID, JR.
Commissioner

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2008&Itemid=103

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

One small step t'o improve our -lives here, thanks to those who made this posible

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

just so we know its not a dream, here is the signed MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RADJR-2013-007. 

post-1-0-88883900-1371375008_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Great news & not before time!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
And wouldn't it be great that this same 6 month visa, be good for multiple, or least one additional entry.

That could be a problem.  Pay up front for six months and suddenly you have to leave, unscheduled, and lose it all?  Right now I might have to go to the US in a few months, so I would not be able to use it.

It seems like the overall cost for 6 months would be less.  Surely they can't charge you 3X express fees for the 6 month visa!  Or can they?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You will see from sections 4 and 5 the likely cost of this Visa and that initially it will only be available in Manila

4. Payment and Fees – An additional One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall accrue for the account of the Bureau of Treasury.

Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire six (6) month period.

5. Implementation – The initial implementation on the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila until further notice.    

Additonal 100 pesos compared to what?   100 pesos + 3 x the 2 months fee?

I hope p5 is only in the startup, because I don't like Manila, so I would prefer going 10 times to the "local" office than going once to Manila...  :)

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Right, if the fees are the same for 6 months visa vs 3 X 2 months there really isn't much incentive to get the longer visa, especially if you can only get it in Manila.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I hope p5 is only in the startup, because I don't like Manila, so I would prefer going 10 times to the "local" office than going once to Manila...

I don't like going there either but I am guessing there will be agents in Manila who can do it for you in the same way there are agents in Cebu.  There should be a savings in paying the agent one time only instead of 3 times in 6 months.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

They forgot to mention that in Cebu Abellon will have all of the stickers in his desk. And the stickers will go to the highest bidders. I mean the biggest bribe.

Well thats not really a fact is it, just an opinion. Seems to be a lot of naysayers in many topics lately for some reason.   :89:

Of course its not fact because it hasn't happened yet but do you think he will stop being top dog there just because he has charges against him?  That was over a week ago everyone has forgotten about it by now.  Its business as usual.

P100.00 is only for the Sticker Visa. Why didn't they give the total cost?  Maybe its too large to publicize.

If someone thinks I'm wrong then let's see you prove it.  Mr. Abellon was the man you had to see to get a 13A Permanent Visa so why would anyone think he's not the man who will control the 6 month visas?

Edited by Americano

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
If someone thinks I'm wrong then let's see you prove it.  Mr. Abellon was the man you had to see to get a 13A Permanent Visa so why would anyone think he's not the man who will control the 6 month visas?

Because you can read this thread thoroughly and find out the 6 month visas are not available in Cebu.  Proof positive that Abellon won't be controlling them.

• Like 2