Bi Launches Long-Stay Visa

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My ACR ICard expired while I was out of country last time. When renewing my 2 month extension, I asked on how to renew it. They told me that they couldn't process them right now and that the stamps in my passport were sufficient for me to leave country. No reason why they couldn't process them.

When my ACR card is still valid at the time of my extension at the 59 day mark I have got away for long periods of time without renewing it.  But when it is expired at the 59 day mark they always hit me up for a new one.  And that depends on the BI office I go to.  My BI office of choice is Mandaue.  They treat me fair there.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I think the main reason they call it express lane fee is because it makes your transaction faster like driving in the express lane ...

But it wasn't the EXPRESS part of the EXPRESSion  :)  I opponent about,

it was the LANE part. I found it odd calling it "lane" when there is only ONE...  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
oldutot
Posted
Posted

Can I apply for this visa, at arrival in Manila. Last october when I was there, the wife and myself was stamped as balikbayan in our

passports. Any problems receiving a balikbayan stamp now.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Can I apply for this visa, at arrival in Manila. Last october when I was there, the wife and myself was stamped as balikbayan in our passports. Any problems receiving a balikbayan stamp now.

Balikbayan is much better. It is good for one year and there are no fees. One requirement is your wife must be traveling with you when you enter the Philippines.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

We were just in the Philippines in the beginning of June.  My wife (Canadian citizen, Filipino national) and I both got balikbayan visas without a problem.

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

Launched next week huh? I will believe it after I see it. If they are ready to launch a new visa then why didn't they say how much it will cost. What about the 30 day visa everyone was talking about last year? Are we still get that visa too?

Good question, very good question because I renewed just last week and this is the first time that I heard about this. I wonder if I'll be able to get it next month when I go to renew???? :unsure:

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Now, assuming that logic applies (a huge assumption!) my 6 month visa will save me 3060:

Reading about logic this early in the morning 0516 really makes this pot of coffee go quick, now if I can just kill the headache from the tuba on Sunday

(OK, shoot this theory full of holes!  I can take it!  I'm wearing my BP vest today!) How can I shoot that theory full of holes when all they gave me at the firing range is two boxes of blanks? :hystery: :morning1:

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
I watched/listened to a New Yorker in there the other month, bitching up a storm every step of the way. Then he started on the express fee. How it was taking too long and why was he having to pay an express fee. They told him what I listed above, and said if he didn't shut his trap they would not process his paperwork and he could go to Manila to do it. He was pretty quiet after that hahahaha...

That would shut me up too! Damn good read that last one was just about choked on my kopico and glurped all over my laptop choking and laughing :morning1: :hystery: , now sunrise is here and it looks to be a beautiful one at that...where's the ol' Canon gotta get this one. :tiphat:

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Just renewed today for the 6 months.  Cost is 8450  So no real difference between 6 months and 2 months.  Saves the bother of going to the immigration office.

Breakdown is

Cert Res Temp                   1400

Legal research                      50

Mnth Extn Appl                     900

Mnth Extn fee                      3000

Certificate Fee                      500

Visa Sticker                          100

Express Lane Fee              1500

Express Lane Fee (Cert)   1000

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Launched next week huh? I will believe it after I see it. If they are ready to launch a new visa then why didn't they say how much it will cost. What about the 30 day visa everyone was talking about last year? Are we still get that visa too?

Good question, very good question because I renewed just last week and this is the first time that I heard about this. I wonder if I'll be able to get it next month when I go to renew???? :unsure:

Did you read the topic as it says only available in Manila for now.  :thumbsup: