Bi Launches Long-Stay Visa

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It is p500 for 2 months. This is p1,500 for 6 months. Same cost ha ha! Math doesn't lie. Makes perfect sense. :tiphat:

Sorry it has been over 5 years since I had to do a visa run .... thought the length of time was longer than 2 months ..... sorry for the miss information .....

:cheersty:

... but if you are only in line once they should only charge you once ... say p500 ha ha

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
... but if you are only in line once they should only charge you once ... say p500 ha ha

Ahhhhhhhh .... I think that is what I was trying to say .... or what I thought I meant .... or maybe meant it but didn't say it .... or maybe I wasn't thinking at all ...... oh well ..... never mind ..... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

:cheersty:

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Renewed my visa today in Makati & asked about the 6 month extension, unfortunately still only available in Intramuros.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Renewed my visa today in Makati & asked about the 6 month extension, unfortunately still only available in Intramuros.

I am going to make plans to get a 6 month one in October but with David resigning I wonder if the new commissioner will continue with that plan.  It will put people out of work, legitimate people and fixers, because the visits to BI will be reduced to 1 in 3.  The government will get the same money with less labor and overhead.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am going to make plans to get a 6 month one in October but with David resigning I wonder if the new commissioner will continue with that plan.  It will put people out of work, legitimate people and fixers, because the visits to BI will be reduced to 1 in 3.  The government will get the same money with less labor and overhead.

Which sounds like a very good idea.  Yeah... I am hoping they continue it and expand the program... we shall see   :tiphat:

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Don't forget to wear your long pants and shoes, they don't allow you to wear shorts and sandals or slippers in Immigration Intramuros any more.

Also The Boulevard Mansion right across from the American Embassy which is not far from Immigration is relatively in expensive, and provides a kitchenette type of room. (mansiongroup website) I have a friend from Samar who stays there every time he comes up to Manila, and I visited him a few times, I think he was paying about 1,500 pesos a night for the basic room.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Has anyone asked the BI at Intramuros if a tourist needs to be in country a required time before getting 6 month visa?

If anyone goes to that office I would appreciate you asking if a tourist can get off the plane in Manila (with the free 21 days) and the next day walk into BI and get 6 months?  Would it be 6 months plus 21 days?  If you get an answer please post it here or just pm me.  Thank you.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone asked the BI at Intramuros if a tourist needs to be in country a required time before getting 6 month visa?

If anyone goes to that office I would appreciate you asking if a tourist can get off the plane in Manila (with the free 21 days) and the next day walk into BI and get 6 months?  Would it be 6 months plus 21 days?  If you get an answer please post it here or just pm me.  Thank you.

DH, with the fee schedules that have been posted and as the previous first extension to the 21 day tourist visa is only 38 days, I think we'd be dreaming if we anticipated them adding the 21 days onto the 6 month long stay visa. I'm willing to dream with you though. :)

Edited by robert k

Markham
Posted
Posted

DH, with the fee schedules that have been posted and as the previous first extension to the 21 day tourist visa is only 38 days, I think we'd be dreaming if we anticipated them adding the 21 days onto the 6 month long stay visa. I'm willing to dream with you though. :)

I think it is highly likely that your six month extension would commence on the day your 21 day waiver expires. The precedent for that is purely that you can obtain a 38-day extension from the BI office in the Arrivals Hall at NAIA and that extension definitely is dated to commence when your initial 21 days is up.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I can see the logic in both replies but BI defies logic sometimes and what you read is not necessarily what you get.  It would really help to be absolutely sure of the answer as it makes a huge difference whether I fly into Manila to get the 6 month visa or fly into Cebu as it is a much nicer experience.