Bi Launches Long-Stay Visa

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just renewed today for the 6 months.  Cost is 8450  So no real difference between 6 months and 2 months.  Saves the bother of going to the immigration office.

Breakdown is

Cert Res Temp                   1400

Legal research                      50

Mnth Extn Appl                     900

Mnth Extn fee                      3000

Certificate Fee                      500

Visa Sticker                          100

Express Lane Fee              1500

Express Lane Fee (Cert)   1000

Thanks for letting us know that someone has now done this.  :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Just renewed today for the 6 months.  Cost is 8450  So no real difference between 6 months and 2 months.  Saves the bother of going to the immigration office.

Breakdown is

I really did not expect a discount.  But saving a couple trips to immigration would be nice.  Hope it gets to Iloilo one day.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I would like to stop into the Manila office in October to get one of these 6 months visas.  Can you give a specific address, map location, or landmarks to the BI office where you go this.  Is it close to the airport?  I have never been to Manila but will be passing through in October so it would be a good time to do it.  I plan to arrive in Manila on October 15 so can you foresee any reason why I could not get the 6 month renewal while I am still on the 21 free days? 

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I noticed that the express lane service is p1500 on the new 6 month visa so it appears that you are actually paying more for this service as they just added some to it .... damn funny how a service can jump from p500 to p1500 when it is only a one time charge per visit ..... oh well gotta love the logic ..... :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I noticed that the express lane service is p1500 on the new 6 month visa so it appears that you are actually paying more for this service as they just added some to it .... damn funny how a service can jump from p500 to p1500 when it is only a one time charge per visit ..... oh well gotta love the logic ..... :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery:

It is p500 for 2 months.  This is p1,500 for 6 months.  Same cost ha ha!  Math doesn't lie.  Makes perfect sense.     :tiphat:

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Just renewed today for the 6 months. Cost is 8450 So no real difference between 6 months and 2 months. Saves the bother of going to the immigration office.

I would like to stop into the Manila office in October to get one of these 6 months visas. Can you give a specific address, map location, or landmarks to the BI office where you go this. Is it close to the airport? I have never been to Manila but will be passing through in October so it would be a good time to do it. I plan to arrive in Manila on October 15 so can you foresee any reason why I could not get the 6 month renewal while I am still on the 21 free days?

Dave,

The main BI branch is in Intramuros, easy to get to from the airports and everyone knows it. I'm going for a renewal in Monday to my local office in Makati & will be asking if 6 month extensions are available there also so I'll report back on that once I know. Will you be staying in Manila at all? If you are, depending on the area you're staying we can give you more details on the best office to go to.

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Will you be staying in Manila at all?

The reasons to stay would be a visit to the Canadian Embassy, a visit to the BI to try for a 6 month visa, a little shopping at the famous Mall of Asia, and a quick comparison check to see if evening entertainment in Manila is equal to or better than Cebu.  So a couple/three days I expect.

If you have a suggestion for the lowest price, 2 and a half star or better hotel/motel then perhaps you could tell me what area I should be in?

Keeping in mind that this thread is about the long stay visa, I am sure others would be interested in a hotel/motel where they could spend the night that is reasonably close to a BI office where they could get same visa.  Remember it is not available anywhere else in Philippines at the moment so it makes Manila a very attractive destination for those of us living in the bukid.

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Yeah I can give some recommendations, I'll just hang on to see if the visa can be done at the sub offices here, if that's the case then there will be plenty of choices

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Breakdown is

I do not see a charge here for the ACR-I card. It has been needed after 59 days for the next renewal. Is it gone?

On July 5, at Terminal 2 Immigration, I was asked how long that I was staying. I said 6 months. Can I get the extension here? She said that I can get the extension in Bacolod. I don;t know if she meant the 6 month ext or just another ext. She never asked for my ACR-I card, only for my onward ticket.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
It is p500 for 2 months. This is p1,500 for 6 months. Same cost ha ha! Math doesn't lie. Makes perfect sense. :tiphat:

Sorry it has been over 5 years since I had to do a visa run .... thought the length of time was longer than 2 months ..... sorry for the miss information .....