Problems With Filipinas

donottrustfilipinas
Posted
Posted

@ Doug -- Thanks for sharing your experiences, bad as they were.  You are right when you say it's pretty well a bad idea to consider marriage with someone you've only spent a scant amount of actual physical time with.  I'm guilty of that with my ex-wife and with the second woman that I spent untold number of hours online with and corresponding by email.  

But I feel a LOT of men do that on these Filipina dating websites -- how many can realistically afford to travel back and forth to the Philippines to meet with women regularly?  How many can take that much time away from their jobs?  So it seems many men just take the leap of faith and hope it will work out.   In the case of the woman that I was going to marry after divorcing my ex-wife, at the time I thought that I couldn't find another bad apple in the bunch.  That my ex was an anomaly and that she was giving so much to me in terms of words and time and thoughtful touches (through the mail), I honestly thought those feelings were genuine. My mistake.  I had rationalized that getting involved with another Filipina was a good thing as I wanted my daughter (half-Filipina) to grow up and know her cultural heritage.  When she met Amy, my daughter thought the world of her.  And it hurt her greatly when Amy backed out of marriage since she secretly knew she was pregnant by another man.  Of course, I never told my daughter that but it has taken time for her to understand that it was nothing about her.  This is the worst tragedy of all that -- how it affected her.  And I know that it was my mistake for ever getting involved with her. 

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
But I feel a LOT of men do that on these Filipina dating websites -- how many can realistically afford to travel back and forth to the Philippines to meet with women regularly? How many can take that much time away from their jobs? So it seems many men just take the leap of faith and hope it will work out.

I agree with your statement I quoited above .... there is no way under gods green earth can you fly back and forth to meet all these lovely creatures  (unless of course you are Bill Gates)..... all you can do is try to make the best choice you can .... meet a few and then travel here to meet them ..... BUT .... don't make the mistake of thinking that in the few short days you will be meeting (like maybe 2-3 weeks) you will learn all about the lady or that you will get nothing but the truth out of her .... some people are under the impression that seeing someone face to face will keep them from telling you lies or deceiving you .... bull hockey .... if they are incline to cheat you they can behave for 6 straight months with out batting an eye ..... remember you are their cash cow and they will do what ever it takes to convince you you are the only one for them ..... again ... bull hockey ....

So what is the solution .... is it just the luck of the draw ..... do you have to be like Nostradamus and see into the future ...... rich like Bill Gates to fly back and forth to check out all these little sweeties ...... sorry I'm afraid I don't have all the answers for you ..... I did everything wrong ..... meet my asawa on line ..... had never been to the Phils before I packed up and moved here ..... never meet my asawa in person till we met at the airport and started living together .... we were married about 6 months later ..... and we have been married almost 6 years ..... she is 23 years younger than me and I'm 68

So can it work out ..... yes indeed it can ..... with out knowing you I have no idea what advise to give you ..... maybe you are the insecure type that women like to pray on .... maybe to are TO easy going ..... or just the opposite maybe you are to demanding or a control freak .... hard to say but what ever it is it isn't working for you ..... but I can assure you there are plenty of good ..... kind and faithful Filipinas out there ..... where? ..... if i knew that I would be rich like Bill Gates  ......... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

Disclaimer: ........ my example of "I did everything wrong" written above is not by any means a recommendation for anyone else to try it ..... I am what is know as a survivor and I'm very self-sufficient plus I read and studied everything I could get my hands ... participated in numerous boards like this one on about the Philippines 9-10 years before I ever came here ...... I just shared my example to show what could be done ... not how you should do it ..... different strokes for different folks ..... JMHO 

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 4

Genius
Posted
Posted

Hilarious thread.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life. Never make a pretty woman your wife. So for my personal point of view. Get an ugly girl to marry you. If you wanna  ...
I aim at average look  :)

I think the OP is having a problem because he is picking career women who don't really neeeeed a man, but see nothing wrong with getting one to pay for a few things, dinner, missed car payment, car insurance, plane tickets, happens everywhere. I think you just need to find the right one, of any ethnicity. Like Thomas, I intend to live in the Philippines and I let it be known from the start. My girl is smart and has a job but she isn't a career woman. She wouldn't even let me send her money as a gift. I think you can have success if you eliminate all the ones who don't share your goals as prospective partners, look for the personality you want to be around and let this narrow the group more, pick from any that are left over according to looks or family or any other criteria that suits you because you aren't going to find perfection. Keep searching. :)

Yes, mine have never asked for money either, although they are poor, even said it can wait, when I said I could pay the few thousand pesos missing to do an activity she worried a bit about not affording to do (yet).

Yes, better avoid the career ones, because huge risk they give to high priority to money... 

But it can be better to avoid the opposite ones too =The families, who are to laid back  = lazy       :mocking:

(Whole grown up part of family of my preliminary future wife have jobs, although almost all of them HAVEN'T needed to move abroad/to Manila to find work !)

Thomas
Posted
Posted
You can't know someone by communicating through a computer any more then you can judge our character by reading our posts on a forum.

Well. It's possible to spot liers at distance too. By asking much, it's a big chance they say something not suiting to what they have said earlier, so it's enough to make a "rough search", but surely need to live close a longer time to check more proper before decide marriage.

But I feel a LOT of men do that on these Filipina dating websites -- how many can realistically afford to travel back and forth to the Philippines to meet with women regularly?  How many can take that much time away from their jobs?
Yes, sure that's a big problem, BOTH of short of time living close before comit, AND more scamers are interested in moving abroad than you moving to them, as mensioned in earlier posts. That's why I plan to move to the Philippines and work there   :)
never meet my asawa in person till we met at the airport and started living together .... we were married about 6 months later ..... and we have been married almost 6 years ..... she is 23 years younger than me and I'm 68
There you wrote an important thing - 6 MONTHS. Many come and visit just a few WEEKS before they decide. And some crazy ones even decide marriage BEFORE they met, geting married soon after landing!!!    :lol:    Of course it POSSIBLE such can functions too, BUT if get to know each other just short time first, then it's just luck if it will function...

An other biger chance to success is if she is over 30, because many Filipinas think they are to old to have chance to get married then! Some even think they are old, when they pass 25!!!   :lol:

(In Thailand it's much less difference concerning that, at least among them with higher exams. It have become rather common them with exams WAIT marrying until they are around 30.)

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
post-1293-0-07168900-1328289130_thumb.jp

when you have the need to have companion ship, and you look back at the problems that you had in the past try the above.

, my partner moved out 10/2011 and yes i have had offers to date or "hook up" but with 2 children,its not worth the trouble or chismosa from the neighbors in the hood,

bear with me. have you considered "a therapist" to discuss what or why these things happen?

I have and it has given me a better insight into the mind of these fine outstanding women here

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear of your life of sorrow with Filipinas. 

I like many others will say, and have said not all Filipinas are the same, nor English, nor American, nor Canadian etc. etc. 

I too wish you luck in finding that "special person" in your life, but then that might be because I found mine..., and she is definitely

A FILIPINA!

Papa Carl

• Like 3