An Online Dating Cautionary Tale

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Online dating site rule number 1. NEVER send money.

If the girl is legit she will still be there if and when you arrive.

A buddy of mine got burned really badly by a live in gf in Mandaue. He had a keystroke logger installed on his computer and he caught her. Other gals were also using his computer ( her friends and neighbors ) and he was stunned when he saw what was going on there. He shared some of it with me but after an hour or so I couldn't look at that stuff any more. Never ever send money to an online chat mate.

While I agree with you 100% there are those that will not listen for what ever reason and I blame them as much as I do the girls scamming the money ...... both the guys sending the money and the girls asking for it are giving the legit dating sites a bad name ..... but then there are people who really believe the Nigerian lottery's and send money to them also .... so I guess "what ever floats your boat" .... :thumbsup:  :hystery:  

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
As a result he came back on the next flight devastated. As most of us guys know, it is not so much the money that was scammed, it is the emotional toll these stupid things take on us.

I think that believing in an internet phantom and coming back on the next flight were the big mistakes.  Many people send money.  It makes them happy in some weird, 'knight in shining armor', way.  It is how some girls make a living and there are even some who are for real. There are some girls who start out looking for 'the one' and find out there is so much more money when they write to 'the many'.  Then there is the occasional one who chats with many and narrows it down to 'the one'.

For me, I played the Internet dating game when I lived in the west but now I am here I find the girls who do not go on the Internet what so ever to be the best ones to date.  However, if you want a girl who is more like a western girl then you may find them on the Internet.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I just know I have set myself up for some terrible ribbing here!

Jake before you start into me about looking sexy and wanting to see some pics of me, let me remind you, I was on his PC. I do not have that function or those pics to send you......., so stop harassing me to connect on messenger and wanting to see me!!!!!

I just feel so abused and I know you only want me for my body!!!!!!

Candy (ex Papa Carl)

Hello Miss Candy,

Although I have never visited any of these dating sites, I often wonder how some of the legitimate dating sites

are really legitimate.  For example, those on line dating sites among religious people (Christians or Muslims

only) -- are they for real?  Perhaps percentage wise, they have less scammers?

Anyway, I spent a better part of my evening looking for your profile Candy.  If you're really genuine (meaning

that you are 36C natural) then I'm very interested in forming a lub you long time relationship. Your photo below

is absolutely awesome!

post-686-0-04913400-1374125590_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For example, those on line dating sites among religious people (Christians or Muslims only) -- are they for real? Perhaps percentage wise, they have less scammers?
Why would it be lower?? I would say higher  :)

because it's common knowledge the Catholic Church is among the bigest scammers in the World (SELL "forgivness"! Repeetingly protected their employed pedofiles AGAINST the victim kids!!!)

plus the "fanatic" part of the believers are much easier to scam, because of their logic skill level.

(E g I had a such business partner - luckily partnering between our companies, so he couldn't mess up anything inside my company, except mess up my reputation by not doing as all logic people expect - but I gave up on him after this "logic" thinking of him:

It was back in time a few years after Sovjet split. He had contacts at government level in one of the new countries. They had/have a lot of cotton laying ruttening in the port, because of their missing knowlegde and thinking how to sell, earlier the Sovjet government had bought all. Because of this selling problem, they were prepared to sell their cotton far below world market price. I mean fresh harvests too  :)   My business partner knew the seller contacts.

I found an American, who had bought a bunch (8-10) of factories in an other old Sovjet country. He hadn't any cotton, because he didn't find any employed in his factories knowing where they had got their cotton from... :mocking:   When I found him, he was looking for cotton all the way from China, because he didn't knew there were a lot of cotton for sale much closer to his factories in the west half of old Sovjet.

I told the American how cheap I know there are cotton for sale elsewhere, and he got ecstatic and asked for an offer for X tons. (I don't remember the amount, but it was the whole year need for his factories, and I remember my share only would be over 50 000 USD per year if he would buy only half his need from our sourse.)

(Our deal with the sellers were we would get our commision "for ever" for all sellings generated by the contacts we found, written so they couldn't fool use simple by selling through a middle man, it would be our comision as long as the cotton ends up in factories of our contact.) My business partner travelled there to get fresh signed offers. He came back and I asumed he had done as all people with some logic do, but when I asked him a month or so later if the American hadn't answer yet, then I got the answer:

-I didn't send the offer, because then we risk to get fooled of our commision.

!!! If not sending the offer, then we of course can't get any commision.,. :1 (103): :bash:

Some other topics are about "Filipin logic", not much logic in his thinking either  :hystery:   (That was only one of the examples of his thinking, if he would have more normal "logic" thinking, then I would asume he was trying to fool me in some clumbsy way.)

I don't bother much about money as long as I have enough for my basic needs, so I don't bother much about the missed repeeted comission, but I bother very much when someone do things, which damage my reputation, because damaged reputation can never be fully repaired, because if it have happened once, it can happen twice... :bash:

And sad, because I could have assisted poor people much more if I would have had that money, specialy if it would have still arriving every year... :boohoo:

An once in a life time opportunity thrown away by an idiot - a high educated one too  :mocking:

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Jake before you start into me about looking sexy and wanting to see some pics of me, let me remind you, I was on his PC. I do not have that function or those pics to send you......., so stop harassing me to connect on messenger and wanting to see me!!!!!

Candy (ex Papa Carl)

Hello Miss Candy,

Although I have never visited any of these dating sites, I often wonder how some of the legitimate dating sites

are really legitimate.  For example, those on line dating sites among religious people (Christians or Muslims

Anyway, I spent a better part of my evening looking for your profile Candy.  If you're really genuine (meaning

that you are 36C natural) then I'm very interested in forming a lub you long time relationship. Your photo below

is absolutely awesome!

attachicon.gifMiss Candy.jpg

OK, Jake lets start from the beginning!

1) "Although I have never visited any of these dating sites", oh ya Jake we believe you, .... no really we do believe you!  :thumbsup:

2) As to Christian or Muslim dating sites, I have no idea, in my brief experience with this site no one ever asked my religious beliefs, they did have many, many questions and requests but most had to do with my looks or needs. (I guess they did not consider my religious requirements.)   :nudie:

3) I'll have you know that image that you sent was a pale comparison to my pictures, and my admirers, (friends I should say) said that I am the most beautiful Filipina they had ever seen!

4) As to the 36C, comment, well you are definitely dreaming son, 36C is not the most common measurement in the Philippines, you need to be looking for a "friend" from another country.

Lastly let me say, I am very glad to have a "Lub U Long Time" relationship, however you may not be able to reach me very often as not many people here can afford to have the internet in their home, (even if they can afford to have electricity), so mostly we will be able to talk when I can afford to go to the internet cafe, (which is why I can't turn on my video to talk because they don't allow that here in the Internet Cafe). I do have a friend who has an older computer at home and I think she has a camera so I will ask her if I can use her computer some time so we can see each other.)

I wish I knew how to attach a picture so I could send you my latest picture of me

Love always

Candy 

(Papa Carl)

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Candy (ex Papa Carl)

Hello Miss Candy,

is absolutely awesome!

attachicon.gifMiss Candy.jpg

OK, Jake lets start from the beginning!

1) "Although I have never visited any of these dating sites", oh ya Jake we believe you, .... no really we do believe you!  :thumbsup:

2) As to Christian or Muslim dating sites, I have no idea, in my brief experience with this site no one ever asked my religious beliefs, they did have many, many questions and requests but most had to do with my looks or needs. (I guess they did not consider my religious requirements.)   :nudie:

3) I'll have you know that image that you sent was a pale comparison to my pictures, and my admirers, (friends I should say) said that I am the most beautiful Filipina they had ever seen!

4) As to the 36C, comment, well you are definitely dreaming son, 36C is not the most common measurement in the Philippines, you need to be looking for a "friend" from another country.

Lastly let me say, I am very glad to have a "Lub U Long Time" relationship, however you may not be able to reach me very often as not many people here can afford to have the internet in their home, (even if they can afford to have electricity), so mostly we will be able to talk when I can afford to go to the internet cafe, (which is why I can't turn on my video to talk because they don't allow that here in the Internet Cafe). I do have a friend who has an older computer at home and I think she has a camera so I will ask her if I can use her computer some time so we can see each other.)

I wish I knew how to attach a picture so I could send you my latest picture of me

Love always

Candy 

(Papa Carl)

C'mon Candy! I love you looooooog time :)

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Daddy (Papa Carl),

OK, you got me......I did secretly keep a long term relationship with Georgie but my wife Judy threaten to

whip out her balisong (she's from Batangas) and cut me off (google Wet Dreams, via Chat Room).  I was

seriously in love with her.

I am fully recovered now and have continued my secret quest to find another lover, behind Judy's back

of course.  Here's my profile photo -- if anyone is interested.  I am 4'11", natural 29C, about 200 lbs of

pure bacon, love the beach and the sun.  

post-686-0-34554100-1374154293_thumb.jpg

Hey MedicMike, I'm sorry that your OP is becoming silly with all kinds of sarcasm in how to get scam.  But

I do have one last request: can you send me more $$ so that I can continue using my anti-fugly medicine.

As you can see, I'm becoming more and more pogi.....he, he.

Who's your daddy now?

• Like 5

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Hello Daddy (Papa Carl),

OK, you got me......I did secretly keep a long term relationship with Georgie but my wife Judy threaten to

whip out her balisong (she's from Batangas) and cut me off (google Wet Dreams, via Chat Room).  I was

seriously in love with her.

I am fully recovered now and have continued my secret quest to find another lover, behind Judy's back

of course.  Here's my profile photo -- if anyone is interested.  I am 4'11", natural 29C, about 200 lbs of

pure bacon, love the beach and the sun.  

attachicon.gifNatural 29C.jpg

Hey MedicMike, I'm sorry that your OP is becoming silly with all kinds of sarcasm in how to get scam.  But

I do have one last request: can you send me more $$ so that I can continue using my anti-fugly medicine.

As you can see, I'm becoming more and more pogi.....he, he.

Who's your daddy now?

Jake, hands down you win!!! 

Love it

However you are never going to get anywhere, stating an obvious lie!

"Natural 29C" Ha, not by that picture you are not! More like the 36C someone was looking for!

Unless of course the "natural" part is full of coconut fibre!

Papa Carl

P.S, with a few more San Mgo you are staring to look....., no no I think I might need a few more!

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I guess I musta got lucky <shrug>

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I guess I musta got lucky

Curious how many Internet relationships/dates you invested time and money in before you 'got lucky'?  I ask because most luck I am acquainted with is the result of due diligence.

• Like 2