New "mail Order Bride" Law In The Works.............

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

MANILA, Philippines - A lawmaker has sought additional requirements for male foreigners wishing to marry Filipinas before a marriage license can be granted.

Cebu Rep. Gwendolyn Garcia has filed House Bill 2387 seeking to amend Article 66 of the Civil Code to require the foreigner to submit a certificate of good moral character and a certificate that he has a gainful trade, business or employment issued by his embassy’s diplomatic or consular official before a marriage license can be obtained.

“We are all aware of incidents that some foreigners who come to the Philippines to marry Filipino women are vagabonds or social and moral derelicts in their own country, whose real motive is only to take advantage and exploit our women,” she said.

“Not a few of these male foreigners’ real motive for marriage is to exploit our women by making them work and worse, by sending them to prostitution and other degrading and dehumanizing occupations.” 

Garcia said the exploitation of Filipinas, through mail-order, pen-pal, Facebook, website mail, and other Internet instigated marriages, has not only caused untold miseries and sufferings to Filipino women but also brought dishonor and disgrace to Filipino womanhood.

“The proposed requirements, in addition to the usual certificate of legal capacity, are intended to protect our women from these undesirable foreigners,” she said.

Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

The bill has been referred to the House of Representatives’ committee on revision of laws chaired by Pangasinan Rep. Marlyn Primicias-Agabas.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2013/09/14/1208571/bill-protecting-filipino-mail-order-brides-filed

The comments after this pile are kinda cute. I was unable to find Philippines House Bill 2387 online. It would make a fun read I am sure being that Garcia spawned it.

women_mail-order-bride.jpg

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I was wondering how long it would take GG to start trying to make a name for herself in the house ..... not long I see ..... if she is so worried about the poor mistreated Filipinas maybe she better start looking to her own countrymen as far as mistreating and some of their dead beat boyfriends ..... oh wait I forgot .... that doesn't apply to Filipinos only to foreign men ..... how silly of me ....

She would be much better off tackling the problem of Filipinas without husbands or support for all the babies born into poverty .... but I guess she would rather jump on some foreigner making $800 per month which is p35200 .... where as Dong Dong makes about p300 a day or roughly p9300 per month before womanizing .... gambling ..... Red Horse and cigs are deducted ..... (well not ALL Filipinos do the latter) .... or those that just don't work at all ....

Seems like she is still smarting form her being ousted from the governorship .... :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
For Jake

Not if I get there first.  What's her number?

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

Why does Jake always get the best ones?  I'm jealous now.  I though it was my turn to get the girl.

A foreigner already has 8 requirements before he can marry a Filipina and now a stupid woman wants to add more.  What about requiring all of those requirements to Filipino men too, because it doesn't matter if a Filipino abuses a Filipina but it does if he's an evil foreigner.  Its just another double standard in the Philippines.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Double standards - they are more fun in the Philippines!

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There are many educated intelligent darn nice Filipinas living in Philippines who would accept and truly love an older not well to do Western guy. I think the members of this forum know for a fact the majority of those pairing to be successful. There has always been a small segment of leftest Filipino crabs who beat their chests full of Pinoy pride hoping for a payout of some kind to deny the truth.

Just for the record I married the best Cebuana For Me many years ago. :dance:

Jake gets the Best ones? Don't be so sure until you check under the hood. :whistling:

• Like 4