New "mail Order Bride" Law In The Works.............

Americano
Posted
Posted

There are many educated intelligent darn nice Filipinas living in Philippines who would accept and truly love an older not well to do Western guy. I think the members of this forum know for a fact the majority of those pairing to be successful. There has always been a small segment of leftest Filipino crabs who beat their chests full of Pinoy pride hoping for a payout of some kind to deny the truth.

Just for the record I married the best Cebuana For Me many years ago. :dance:

Jake gets the Best ones? Don't be so sure until you check under the hood. :whistling:

Oh no, I didn't take a close enough look. Don't tell me she is not a she. I'm embarrassed now.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

There are many educated intelligent darn nice Filipinas living in Philippines who would accept and truly love an older not well to do Western guy. I think the members of this forum know for a fact the majority of those pairing to be successful. There has always been a small segment of leftest Filipino crabs who beat their chests full of Pinoy pride hoping for a payout of some kind to deny the truth.

Just for the record I married the best Cebuana For Me many years ago. :dance:

Jake gets the Best ones? Don't be so sure until you check under the hood. :whistling:

Oh no, I didn't take a close enough look. Don't tell me she is not a she. I'm embarrassed now.

She is a he. A little black boy from Africa. That last pic of Faith has brought lots of money to Africa. I saw a show on scammers. That pic was used a lot. There are rooms full of PCs and black boys on dating sites scamming men. The boss man is rich. There is website or 2 on scammers and Faith is in there reported by quite a few. Sorry to let you down, Jake.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost: :AddEmoticons04230: :AddEmoticons04230: :AddEmoticons04230: :thumbs-up-smile:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Oh! I didn't look there  :lol:    I did look at the eyes, and my conclusion is better stay away from such...

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2013/09/14/stricter-rules-for-foreigners-marrying-filipinas/

seems that the comments made by others regarding this issue is a REAL EYE OPENER,

my main comment is why don they enact a Overall "rule/law" on marriage/mail order brides/overseas

relationships than by doing PIECE meal legislation

#2 isnt there a CFA meeting/seminar that 1 must attend to be aware of such"evils/danger" of marrying

a foreigner, ?

#3 when one marries locally does one have to attend "some type "of briefing/meeting or ?

before the license is given/issued?

( yes my comment is political but,,,,,as it appears that at times 1 law conflicts w/another)

gives new meaning to

( "conflicting laws") its more fun in the philippines

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Locals do have to attend a seminar before they can marry the same a foreigner.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It can be waived if both parties are over 25, you have to ask. 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

It can be waived if both parties are over 25, you have to ask. 

When we got married in Cebu the 8 hour class was mandatory for everyone and I a sure you we were both very much over 25 .... I asked why and was told ... "it's the law" .... :mocking:  .... but as usual here in the Phils I guess it just depends on where and who you are .... the thing I thought was so stupid for foreigners to have to sit for 8 hours is because it was all done in Visayan so I didn't understand a damn thing .... but hey it is required and besides as a foreigner I don't need to understand the law ... just obey it .....  :hystery:  :hystery:  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

That's the problem, they don't know their own laws. Someone tells them something and it becomes de facto law.

"Pre-Marital Counseling and Family Planning Seminar:

If either of you are between the ages of 18 and 25, you will need to show proof to the local civil registrar that you have received marriage counseling. If you do not receive marriage counseling, your marriage license will not be issued for three months."

http://marriage.about.com/od/philippines/a/philippines.htm

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
If you do not receive marriage counseling, your marriage license will not be issued for three months."

If you're not in a hurry that is an option.