Globe Dsl Vs Pldt Dsl, Opinions?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

In my experience there are constant problems with the Globe network. It's fine then it's not working for a few min or some sites are not accessible. Sometimes rebooting the modem fixes it, sometimes not. The people at the help desk think it's normal to have to keep rebooting modems, it is - for them. But Globe is cheaper and is probably the only DSL available for me.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is working good now.  I'm getting 2-3 mbps download with a few tests over 3.

3767934506.png

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If you want more of real life test don't use a globe server. I think this one is better then speedtest and you can do d/l only - http://testmy.net/

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I was on the 1299 plan Globe Tattoo until I saw on their website: http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/products/home-broadband.html

that is has been reduced to 1099 so I contacted them and they did reduce it. I get around 2mb/s.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

We heard that there was a new wifi modem out for Globe Tattoo so we called yesterday, Sunday afternoon. They called back to say they could come right away but we said to make it for Monday. They were here at 8:30 AM and changed it out. This one looks good quality. Excellent service. 

MikeB
Posted
Posted
We heard that there was a new wifi modem out for Globe Tattoo so we called yesterday

Is this new service? How did you hear, what did you tell them to get them to change it? 

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We heard that there was a new wifi modem out for Globe Tattoo so we called yesterday

Is this new service? How did you hear, what did you tell them to get them to change it? 

No, not new service. We have used Globe now for more than 4 years and Tattoo for about 2 years.

My wife just heard on the street that there is a new modem out and then ours got broken so my wife called in. Or something like that.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks

• Like 1

komments
Posted
Posted

I just ran the test from the Hampton Inn in Calgary on my Surface.  .98 Download and .5 Upload.  Pretty sure my service at home (small town in south Texas) is much faster.  I use a cable modem not DSL.  Cable One.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
My wife just heard on the street that there is a new modem out and then ours got broken so my wife called in. Or something like that.

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

Dog ate the modem?