Globe Dsl Vs Pldt Dsl, Opinions?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

If you want more of real life test don't use a globe server. I think this one is better then speedtest and you can do d/l only - http://testmy.net/

nice site MIKE B just used it and heres my results

:::.. Internet Speed Test Result Details ..:::

Download Connection Speed:: 551 Kbps or 0.6 Mbps

Download Speed Test Size:: 2 MB or 2048 kB or 2097152 bytes

Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 69 kB/s

Upload Connection Speed:: 151 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps

Upload Speed Test Size:: 320 kB or 327680 bytes

v1iVFp7.meQyY1E.png

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If you want more of real life test don't use a globe server. I think this one is better then speedtest and you can do d/l only - http://testmy.net/

nice site MIKE B just used it and heres my results

:::.. Internet Speed Test Result Details ..:::

Download Connection Speed:: 551 Kbps or 0.6 Mbps

Download Speed Test Size:: 2 MB or 2048 kB or 2097152 bytes

Download Binary File Transfer Speed:: 69 kB/s

Upload Connection Speed:: 151 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps

Upload Speed Test Size:: 320 kB or 327680 bytes

v1iVFp7.meQyY1E.png

That is using the default Dallas server.  You can change it to Singapore and you should get a higher speed.

I'm semi-happy with my Globe DSL.  It has provided a much more reliable service for me, compared to the SMART Wimax.  I think it has only been completely down once, for less that 30 minutes.  For normal web browsing it is fine.  It slows a lot if I use VPN but it is not really noticeable during normal web browsing.

Overall, I'm not happy with the download speed.   Most of the time it measure in the low 1's mbps and sometimes worse.  Videos hang at those speeds.  Other times it is 2-3 mbps.  Just now I tested at about 1.8 on both Speedtest (Makati) and testmy (Singapore)  and videos play ok on You Tube and Facebook.  I just tested using the Dallas testmy server and only got .4 mbps.

• 2 weeks later...
deevey
Posted
Posted

Long time globe customer, having tested just about everyone else (sun / smart / wi-tribe) 

Our connection doesn't go below 4.8 mbps and been stable at that for over 4 years now (Metro Manila)

For LTE IMHO smart is the best. However on Postpaid it can get really really slow, prepaid is the way to go for an extra 500 PM.

To get the best out of it we were using prepaid and the connection speed is faster (Tethering to computer via ipad) , and it appears there is no caps, probably as its based per day.