Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I can't get my girl to eat brown rice.  She won't touch the stuff  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Everyone here loves the brown rice mixed 1 cup brown with 2 cups white. I even got them all eating fibre bread (Valencia green bag 72p) instead of that white Styrofoam that they have here. Also we drink cranberry or other good juices instead of Coke. And green salads too when fresh the afternoon before market day. I have made some changes for the good. I came up with a new idea that we sit down everyday to talk for 1 hour with no cells, laptops, tablets, or TV. Just talk and sometimes it goes on for 2 hours. We all like that too.

Triple LIKE JP!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend will eat the good bread.  But for parties when she makes spaghetti she has to get the sponge with the horrid oil margarine...

• Like 1

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Everyone here loves the brown rice mixed 1 cup brown with 2 cups white. I even got them all eating fibre bread (Valencia green bag 72p) instead of that white Styrofoam that they have here. Also we drink cranberry or other good juices instead of Coke. And green salads too when fresh the afternoon before market day. I have made some changes for the good. I came up with a new idea that we sit down everyday to talk for 1 hour with no cells, laptops, tablets, or TV. Just talk and sometimes it goes on for 2 hours. We all like that too.

Triple LIKE JP!
Quadruple that. Good plan. We also add a weekly 'family home evening' and spend the whole night that way playing games, talking, etc. It's amazing.
  • Like 5

Jeff R
Posted
Posted

When I asked my Filipina if we could live comfortably on a $1,000 per month budget, she said absolutely! Reading much of the info provided on this forum I told her that she would be our CFO and all I wanted was a small place that had to be clean, in a decent neighborhood, with electricity, hot and cold water, and a flushing toilet. Again, she doesn't think that is going to be a problem. But I had to explain to her what a CFO was. Gotta love it!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
We also add a weekly 'family home evening' and spend the whole night that way playing games, talking, etc. It's amazing.
Yes. That's both fun and can be cheap amusement suiting a low budget :)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

BLUF: Sure you can live on a $1000 a month, but I sure wouldn't want to, that's for sure. :whistling:  :whistling:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I told her that she would be our CFO

:omg:  Good luck with that.  I can just imagine your grocery cupboard, dried fish, balut, chicken feet   :chickendance:

• Like 1

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

What's a CFO?

• Like 1