Same Day Visa Run To Hong Kong

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted (edited)

cost 7100 all up but a lot of that was the ID Card rip off.

I go to Malaysia next week for 5 days so will see what they give me on return.   All i need is 14 days before i go home again.

Edited by Kiwi-Alan

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I have a 6 months mutipile entry visa issued in NZ

How much did this one cost? If it was more than 2702.50p, then it is of no benefit. The 59 days (2 months) that you got at LapuLapu expires when you go to Malaysia in 14 days. Upon your return 5 days later, you get 30 days free and for 2702.50p you can get 29 more days or your multiple entry visa gives you 59 days (if it is still valid for 59 more days). By that time, your 6 month multiple entry visa from NZ will have expired and you will be back to Square 1. I looked into it years ago from Canada and saw that it was of no value to buy the 6 month visa from outside the country. Pay as you go.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
You can get the extra 29 days at the airport for 2702.50p each time.

People always tell me this and I always ask at the airport when entering via Mactan and they always say:  No you must go to the BI office in Mandaue.

When I go there they tell me they cannot renew my visa unless it is within 7 days of expiring but they have leeway to renew it up to 2 weeks earlier "if they are not busy".

So once again, your mileage will vary.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

jpbago
Posted
Posted
So once again, your mileage will vary.

I have gotten the 29 day extension at both Terminal 1 and 3 in Manila a few times but once at Terminal 2 with PAL, in transit, we went down to a different not busy immigration check in where I could not get it. At T1 and T3, there is a immigration office at the main immigration check in (probably at T2 also)

In Bacolod, I have gotten visa extensions at least 2 weeks in advance as they are never busy.

There was some excitement last Saturday as a Chinese lady came in with no passport. I don't know how she got her boarding pass. She spoke only Chinese and there was no interpreter there so they asked the passengers and a 10 year old filipino stepped up to translate. He had been studying in Macau.

• Like 1

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

I am going to Malaysia for honeymoon.     My visa run out 10 days to early.  Got a cheap return fare to Kinakablu on Air Asia.   Direct from Cebu.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I am going to Malaysia for honeymoon.     My visa run out 10 days to early.  Got a cheap return fare to Kinakablu on Air Asia.   Direct from Cebu.

Please let us know how you like Kota Kinabalu.  They always have cheap tickets.  A German friend went there last year and he said it was very nice and the diving is good.  I would like to hear other opinions.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Please let us know how you like Kota Kinabalu.  They always have cheap tickets.  A German friend went there last year and he said it was very nice and the diving is good.  I would like to hear other opinions.

Me too. I have bought 3 or 4 one ways to KK as my onward throwaway ticket. One day I should go for the return or would that be a 3 way?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
would that be a 3 way?

That is a slight problem as you would need the exit ticket again, but still very cheap even for 3 ways!  They must not have much traffic on the KK routes.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

would that be a 3 way?

That is a slight problem as you would need the exit ticket again, but still very cheap even for 3 ways!  They must not have much traffic on the KK routes.

The planes are full booked but only 5 people check in. Easy money for Air Asia.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just looked it says pleasure, on visa.

I am going to Malaysia for honeymoon.

Looks like you took the pleasure part literally   :hystery: