44.02 Pesos For A Dollar

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Time to change some dollars!  Too bad I don't have any to change!   :th_unfair: 

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

I agree, mine won't be ready until Monday. Hopefully it will still linger in the neighborhood... :)

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

can i ask what place did you find this rate?

was it "yahoo"? BSP? xoom?BPI? Bdo? local money changers?

as its known the "offical"rate is not always the that can be given.

thanks for the info/post :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

can i ask what place did you find this rate?

was it "yahoo"? BSP? xoom?BPI? Bdo? local money changers?

as its known the "offical"rate is not always the that can be given.

thanks for the info/post :thumbsup:

I always use XE.com for the "official" global trading rates, which is what this was yesterday.  At BPI we usually get somewhere in the range of 5-20 centavos less than this rate.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I just checked BPI online and they list 44.23!   But we have never gotten the online rate at the branch...

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I just checked BPI online and they list 44.23!   But we have never gotten the online rate at the branch...

Yes, BPI gives you a better rate when you do exchange USD for pesos online instead of at the bank.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I wish it was that high!   :)

You need to be logged in on a business day between 0930 and 3:30 to get the correct online rate.  They don't show online rates during other times.

You are looking at the ballpark rate published weekly for those who are not logged in, and you are looking at the sell rate, not the buy rate.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Here is one that I use and it updates every 5 minutes (or so they claim) ....... http://www.fxcentre.com/exchange_rates.asp ..... 43.97 right now

:cheersty: 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas may not wait for the Christmas arrival of OFWs. They might start intervening this coming week. The United States Dollar is also appreciating. Welcome news for me since I need to purchase Japanese Yen and Canadian Dollars.for 2014.