44.02 Pesos For A Dollar

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My latest check deposit finally became available in my BPI USD account so I exchanged it online for pesos. The app on my smartphone says the rate is 44.11 and I was able to get 43.86 from BPI exchanging online. This is the best fx rate I have had in the year I have been in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines to start my retirement one year ago today, Dec 9, 2012. To this point I am still very happy with my decision and have been enjoying my retirement here.

:thumbsup: :cheersty: :tiphat:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Happy anniversary!  and they say men don't remember anniversaries...    :540: 

2 months until my 1st anniversary.  Time flies when you are having fun    :tiphat:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My latest check deposit finally became available in my BPI USD account so I exchanged it online for pesos. The app on my smartphone says the rate is 44.11 and I was able to get 43.86 from BPI exchanging online. This is the best fx rate I have had in the year I have been in the Philippines.

I arrived in the Philippines to start my retirement one year ago today, Dec 9, 2012. To this point I am still very happy with my decision and have been enjoying my retirement here.

Happy anniversary!

Last Dec. 9th the rate was 40.93.  Right now is 44.1299, + 3.2 pesos in one year, about 7.8%.  Based on your initial monthly budget of $2500 last year, you now have about 8000 pesos monthly extra in your pocket, which a time honored tradition says should be used to buy beer for all forum members visiting Baguio!  :dance:

Side note:  I will be in Baguio again for New Year  :)

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Happy anniversary!

Last Dec. 9th the rate was 40.93.  Right now is 44.1299, + 3.2 pesos in one year, about 7.8%.  Based on your initial monthly budget of $2500 last year, you now have about 8000 pesos monthly extra in your pocket, which a time honored tradition says should be used to buy beer for all forum members visiting Baguio!  :dance:

Side note:  I will be in Baguio again for New Year  :)

Hmmm... time honored tradition... like it started in the last hour? ;)

Seriously, I would be happy to meet up with forum members who visit Baguio for a cold beer or hot brewed coffee.

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

I got 43.85p/$ today at the BPI in SBFZ.. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Seriously, I would be happy to meet up with forum members who visit Baguio for a cold beer or hot brewed coffee.

I will take you up on the offer. We already have the tickets and dates for our one month visit. Still working on the vacation rental condo and car & driver. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I went to the Metro Bank Honolulu Remittance Center this morning to send money. The exchange rate was PHP 44.05 to USD 1. Service charge is $6.00. The recipient receives the amount remitted in its entirety, without pay any additional charges.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

XE.com is 44.15 and BPI online's worst rate (<$1000) is 44.04 right now.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

And the pound is 72.72 about 8php more than it was last year.  I'll stock up on san mig while its that high

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
And the pound is 72.72 about 8php more than it was last year.  I'll stock up on san mig while its that high

Beer as a monetary unit. Not a bad idea. My wife has a distant relative who denominates everything in beer bottles as in, "Piano lessons for our daughter. Do you how many beer bottles that would cost?" 

• Like 1