Funeral Costs And Process

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Typical Funeral costs from a medium town in Southern Leyte.

Cebu City or Manila would cost much more especially the cemetery costs*.

Funeral parlor handles Embalming & Casket more or less 20,000 peso.

Wake, food and drink for however many people who attend nine days. Cost unknown, could be a few hundred to many thousands peso.

Mass, 2,000-3,000 peso

Burial, Nitso 7,500 peso

The funeral parlor handles transportation to the home wake then to the Church and lastly to the cemetery. The casket will not normally be held the whole nine days of the wake.

*Cemetery Nitso costs in Cebu City nice parks can be 100K - 200K peso!

I'm sure I forgot something please jump in if you guys have anything to add.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Old55, you just scared me. :unsure:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My ex and I bought plots and service back in 1987.  Now I have this double plot - but I am divorced, in the wrong country, and could not care less what they do with my body when I am through with it ha ha :)

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Typical Funeral costs from a medium town in Southern Leyte.

Cebu City or Manila would cost much more especially the cemetery costs*.

Funeral parlor handles Embalming & Casket more or less 20,000 peso.

Wake, food and drink for however many people who attend nine days. Cost unknown, could be a few hundred to many thousands peso.

Mass, 2,000-3,000 peso

Burial, Nitso 7,500 peso

The funeral parlor handles transportation to the home wake then to the Church and lastly to the cemetery. The casket will not normally be held the whole nine days of the wake.

*Cemetery Nitso costs in Cebu City nice parks can be 100K - 200K peso!

"kano costs" ?

(I don't remember for sure, but I believe a Filipina said 6000p for a much loved grandfather, "wealthy" compared to other farmers in that village, having 4 hectares or so, so I don't believe the family was stingy. I guess she ment for mass + burning, I guess they made the rest themselves, perhaps including casket too if they wanted a nicer one than they can do themselves.)

Yes, it's common with offers of common cementary spots for crazy high prices...

Concerning myself I would prefer if they DON'T waste money on ELSE than the family reunion "party"  :)     And I prefer to NOT be put in such expensive cementary spot, a nice nature with no unknown around would be much more my taste. If my family have own land in RP when I die, then it would be nice to "waste" some money on a stone though   :mocking:    (I like genealogy and such stones is a part of that. Perhaps some future descentant of mine will be interested in genealogy too, and would find it nice to look at the stone some houndred years from now...)

jon1
Posted
Posted

My ex and I bought plots and service back in 1987.  Now I have this double plot - but I am divorced, in the wrong country, and could not care less what they do with my body when I am through with it ha ha :)

Or hers!!! hahaha

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Death taxes? What about cremation?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My list was for a typical Catholic burial this week. I like the idea of cremation. :thumbsup:

As far as we know there is no death tax in Philippines.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
but I am divorced, in the wrong country, and could not care less what they do with my body when I am through with it ha ha

But your new wife/girlfriend does care. She will need some money to properly take care of your remains as she sees fit to in her own way and in respect of you.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
My list was for a typical Catholic burial this week. I like the idea of cremation. As far as we know there is no death tax in Philippines.

Sorry. I mean't municipal permits and the like to bury someone. I was surprised when my brother, who was active in the Opus Dei movement,  a conservative Catholic group, was cremated. My recollection was cremation was frowned up by Catholics. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Catholics and Conservative Protestants frown on cremation.