Funeral Costs And Process

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I think the Catholic viewpoint has changed a bit but even if you stipulate your method of disposal it may not happen. Ho Chi Minh's will stated he was to be cremated, as is the common Buddhist practice, but he's still lying in state in Hanoi 44 years after death.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I checked the publication, Catholic World Report. Apparently, the ban on cremation was lifted in the 1960s. While full body burial is still the preferred method, in some American Catholic diocese up to one third opt for cremation. The expectation is the trend will increase to about 50/50. One reason is the lower cost for cremation.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Catholics and Conservative Protestants frown on cremation.

I was going to make a comment about them fearing a demonstration ride but thought better of it ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  .... anyway as I can't be buried next to my asawa (I'm not Catholic) I have asked that I be cremated .... its a whole lot cheaper .... but in reality I don't give a big rats arse what happens to me when I die .... but that's just me 

:cheersty: 

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

i agree i upset my wife used too when still alive and told her just rool me in a ditch somewhere i won t know the difference and if you can find a new husband before you get home grab him.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Lonewolf, your comments are considered challenging for women. No wonder your wife was upset. Be very, very careful how you answer questions likes, "If I die first, would you re-marry?"  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My ex and I bought plots and service back in 1987.  Now I have this double plot - but I am divorced, in the wrong country, and could not care less what they do with my body when I am through with it ha ha :)

Can you resell it or lease it for 50 years  :)

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

My ex and I bought plots and service back in 1987.  Now I have this double plot - but I am divorced, in the wrong country, and could not care less what they do with my body when I am through with it ha ha :)

Now, since you own property in USA, you are forever indebted to the IRS and need to file income taxes every year on your worldly income. Make sure that those cows go in your wife's name or the IRS might seize them for unpaid taxes.

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Whats the cost addition for the road procession? At least you can have your moment of blocking traffic on Sundays  :lol:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Whats the cost addition for the road procession? At least you can have your moment of blocking traffic on Sundays  :lol:

Included

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I will know the costs soon here in Negros. Our brother in law passed away this morning after 15 days in the hospital (42,000p) partly covered by Philhealth. The mayor might come good for the rest. I gave 11,500p to help with the funeral costs. Not a good Christmas. His name was Noel Conception. With a name like that, one would think that he would live forever.