Money Is Not Your Only Worry At Retirement

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-81839400-1387852845_thumb.jp

I think here, we have to look at ourselves, Is it half full or halve empty! :unsure:  we are after all, Retired and not a lot, to think about

:tiphat:

• Like 3

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Start a campaign to eradicate corruption in the Philippines. It will keep you occupied for the rest of your life.

Or shorten it abruptly with a well placed bullet

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I've noticed some foreigners enjoy to spend every day at a particular coffee shop drinking beer and looking at the traffic pass by where I live. Not my preferred option. I'm sure a farm life will keep me occupied.

• Like 2

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

My advice is do not retire here.  Come visit for a few months and then go back to the real world and enjoy yourself.

Rinse, repeat.

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

This is not for everyone.  But if your finance allows, raise a child.  Either your own or adopt one.  I'm on my second family with one daughter who will be 10 when I'm retired and living in PI.  I can see now on my week days off she gives me purpose to get out of bed early and driving her to school.  My wife and I then have a morning exercise routine then some free time before lunch which could be shopping, visiting or forking around the house.  After lunch, some more of the same or rest ( we are getting older)  I'm fiftyteen now for a few more years!  Then its about time to pick our daughter from school.  Hobbies, I have a few I really enjoy and was hoping to get big into them after retirement but I'm just not sure how much time I will have with family commitments.
Having a child can really fill a void if you can handle it.
danny

:t07216: :t07045: Oh and Merry Christmas :71120: :santa dance: :t07022: :frosty: :71161: and a Happy New Year!!! :cheers:

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

That forking around the house was ment to be working around the house. Saw it too lat to edit.  But the forking around could be done also I guess.  Right Jake? :dance:

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I again, refer to Tuka's condom usage....

Merry Christmas everyone :)

• Like 2

Lou49
Posted
Posted

My advice is do not retire here.  Come visit for a few months and then go back to the real world and enjoy yourself.

Rinse, repeat.

I totally agree.

bows00
Posted
Posted

yes, I agree on this advice also, but here lies a problem for most of us that have to work for a living.  While employed, my vacation time is limited to one month - at most.  And I also agree that this is not enough time to fulfill the objective - to determine if you will be satisfied with the life style there.

Jake
Posted
Posted

This is not for everyone.  But if your finance allows, raise a child.  Either your own or adopt one.  I'm on my second family with one daughter who will be 10 when I'm retired and living in PI.  I can see now on my week days off she gives me purpose to get out of bed early and driving her to school.  My wife and I then have a morning exercise routine then some free time before lunch which could be shopping, visiting or forking around the house.  After lunch, some more of the same or rest ( we are getting older)  I'm fiftyteen now for a few more years!  Then its about time to pick our daughter from school.  Hobbies, I have a few I really enjoy and was hoping to get big into them after retirement but I'm just not sure how much time I will have with family commitments.

Having a child can really fill a void if you can handle it.

danny

:t07216: :t07045: Oh and Merry Christmas :71120: :santa dance: :t07022: :frosty: :71161: and a Happy New Year!!! :cheers:

My wife and I then have a morning exercise routine then some free time before lunch which could be shopping,

visiting or forking around the house.  After lunch, some more of the same.......

Sorry Danny boy, your cover has been blown.  Those morning and afternoon delights will definitely give you purpose

in life.  One of which is raising a child.  Perhaps at our age, one is more experienced with many stories to tell and all

the lessons learned, as compared to a young and naive father.

Additionally, living in a strange land invites the soul to explore the immediate and regional surroundings.  A simple

point and shoot camera will capture all those exotic Kodak moments.  Think about the sport you enjoyed back in HS

or college and try to restart that passion once again.  Regarding indoor activities like what Mike S is doing -- playing

with his woody, sounds pretty interesting.   

All kinds of endless possibilities to enjoy your golden years, in which you so richly deserve.  The alternative is just

sit back as a couch potato and feel the youth quickly vanish before your very eyes.  

Retired but still active -- Jake

• Like 2