Money Is Not Your Only Worry At Retirement

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." is attributed to Samuel Johnson. The modern meaning of the phrase is that there is always something new to discover whether the location it is London or somewhere else.

So long as it creates excitement be it having a new wife, traveling or seating down to watch the sunset accompanied by six bottles of beer, you will be okay.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

No matter where I retire to, I think I will spend my time sightseeing. Aside from the financial benefits to going to a new part of the world, I expect learning the culture and checking out the new sites will fill my time.

LOL I would love a "hot wife", but if I'm still single at 60, I can't imagine I'll be dating.

Well. If you go e g to Ayala mall, then you will get trouble to AVOID hot young women, who want to date you  :lol:

But I believe you better aim at geting a some less hot wife to avoid shock    :)    And with high age difference, I believe - in most cases - it's better to get a bit less attractive wife anyway, because less other temptations for such, so biger chance the relation will last.

And why not get a hot wife at 60???
Because of the higher risk of dieing to early by to hard exersise   :)
  • Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted
Because of the higher risk of dieing to early by to hard exersise

Ah, but what a way to go ! ! :nudie:

• Like 1

JMEL
Posted
Posted

I just read some books on midlife and retiremwnt transition as well as other self-improvement books. PM me if you want titles.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The retirement years is the time period to pursue you dreams. My wife and I intend to do just that during our independent senior years. Once we are no longer part of the "Go-Go" retired generation, our "Slow-Go" and "No-Go" years will be spent in the Philippines. Our annual retirement budget should be sufficient for living expenses and in-home caregivers. This would be impossible in the United States.   

• Like 1