Ecc Progress...

JMEL
Posted
Posted (edited)

6 Jan 2014 12:15 arrive at Mandaue, Cebu Immigration office. Every taxi knows it, P125 to get here from Ayala. Surprised how very small the office is, crowded enough that no seats available but few standing. No one at the info desk where priority number and forms given so a queue is forming. Wife in line for me while I chill - life is pleasant, but no toilet here (oh, no!)

More as it happens...

Edited by JMEL

JMEL
Posted
Posted (edited)

12:24 - All workers were on lunch break. Trickling back now. Most customers in good spirits.

12:40 - queue out the door. One person got a form. Debate brewing about the Philippines National Phrase. Is it 'a while', 'out of stock', or simply, 'no'? LMFAO

12:51 - form filled out, but WTF is a passport travel affidavit number? 'Get back in (the very long line) if you want an answer, sir.' Oh, joy. BTW, out of stock it was as the form is photocopied in a blurry, crooked manner. Funny how they want info about my wife but don't give a specific space to write it.

Edited by JMEL

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
More as it happens...

please update me

the suspense is now too much :crack-up:

seriously can you tell us how the BI was? was the employees friendly?helpful? knowledgeable?

most of all what was your total cost $$$$?

JMEL
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yup... running commentary as I go along here, if the site keeps working. Very slow to load anything on heredespite all other Web working ok. Been that way a few weeks for me.

13:06 - front of queue. Told to leave, find a lawyer, all forms must now be notarized.

13:08 - tout drags us 3 doors down. P150 notary, P150 if you need pictures. Tried to tell me my 2x2 pics are not good enough, but immigration stapled them on so I am ignoring her. Friendly enough people. Brisk business, but typical no change. Say go back to immigration now, same long queue not window) and pay P310 but wait a while we have your forms. (FYI: you need photocopy front and back of your ACRI P2.00 ea)

13:16 - queue is short now. Lady not so friendly or helpful, but is knowlegable.

Edited by JMEL

JMEL
Posted
Posted

13:19 - Go to wondow 1. Lady slapps my forms in a pile and says will call me when ready. No eye contact, no work being done by her but staring out the window. Feel bad for her if job is not fulfilling. Hot in here now as many bodies, no fans, window closed. Small AC on low power in corner. Others told me I need copies of visa stamps, outbound tickets, etc, but so far not needed and not wanted when offered.

More as I get it ... :)

• Like 1

JMEL
Posted
Posted

13:30 - queue for cashier

13:32 - Pay P500, not P310. Says will show why on receipt when I get it. Funny how the money takers are the ones that smile and are playful happy. Some things universal, I guess, at least in Asia. 'Wait a while, we will call you again.' Others report this is the long wait until fingerprinting.

More as I get it... :)

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Keep 'em coming JMEL, this will keep me entertained at work!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Fantastic running commentary. Hope it has a happy ending. I hate sad ones.

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Keep 'em coming JMEL, this will keep me entertained at work!

That's the idea ;-)

13:39 - a lot of very angry (make that irate) foreigners complaining about 'idiocy of express fees, unused but expensive ACRI card, having to come back multiple days for some visas and Ecc's, #1 most corrupt immigration in all the world, ...' LMAO

13:42 - false alarm. Accent made it sound like my name, but was someone else that apparently does not recognize his own name. LOL. Wish I had a soda pop or cool air.

13:43 - Ah! Opposite corner of other ac unit now by cashier is another AC unit! Oh... it's set on low fan and 30c. Smells bad in here. Going outside.

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Fantastic running commentary. Hope it has a happy ending. I hate sad ones.

13:47 - Thx, JJ. Don't freak me out... I need this clearance... something can go wrong?