Ecc Progress...

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have info on staying more than 6 months and then paying the ECC at the Manila airport immigration?

That Manduae BI office is out dated by many years and with millions more tourists expected, I am not aware of any future plans to handle this.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I sure am glad I live in Subic / Olongapo City where we have a nice new office, good air con, no lines and good staff!

JMEL
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ah, a while ago, I found the toilet... On a 'cleanliness and functional working order' standardized scale running from -3 (negative 3 being horrid, have to vomit and may get lock jaw) to 6, I rate it:

Cleanliness: a surprising zero. Not horrid, certainly not clean

Function: -3. Seriously? Yup. No flush, no water in the bucket, no hose or tap to fill bucket, no tank on the commode, no seat, ... lol. Note to immigration, please add a 'facilities fee' along with the ACRI and Express fees (and as some are saying now, '...add the fee and also give us no choice or value.' HEHE!

The saga continues shortly... or whenever they want my fingerprints which maybe could change in 6 months so they want them again :)

Edited by JMEL

JMEL
Posted
Posted

I sure am glad I live in Subic / Olongapo City where we have a nice new office, good air con, no lines and good staff!

And no way to get an ECC. Sorry, Manila or Cebu ONLY at last report. Agreed that extensions at branches are smokin' fast!

JMEL
Posted
Posted (edited)

14:03 - besides the sign that the immigration jail is on the top floor, I now see a big sign that no one can use an accredited tr... OH! Wife says they called me...

14:06 - They took my left and right thumb prints twice after asking me to sign 2 pages under my photo. Uncermoniously, he grabbed my thumbs in turn, pressed them into a broken piece of plastic 'protecting' the desk from the ink spilled on it, then squished smeared looking very wide prints on the 2 pages. Nope, no ink pad, and certainly no acid-based, inkless system.

...ravel agency, lawyer, etc. and must appear in person. Dated Dec 2013. I can email a pic of this sign to anyone that wants to post it.

14:10 - waiting for 'releasing'

Edited by JMEL

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have info on staying more than 6 months and then paying the ECC at the Manila airport immigration?

That Manduae BI office is out dated by many years and with millions more tourists expected, I am not aware of any future plans to handle this.

Yup! At least 3 men here that could not take their flights and were told by airport to go to the Mandaue Immigration Office to obtain an ECC. Money lost on tickets, very upset.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Yup! At least 3 men here that could not take their flights and were told by airport to go to the Mandaue Immigration Office to obtain an ECC. Money lost on tickets, very upset.

That would have been at the Cebu Mactan airport. It can be done at the Manila airport. Anyone have this experience first hand?

JMEL
Posted
Posted

14:20 - been 2hr 5min so far. Seems faster since I am busy on here. :) Still waiting for them to give back passport, ECC, receipt...

JMEL
Posted
Posted

That would have been at the Cebu Mactan airport. It can be done at the Manila airport. Anyone have this experience first hand?

Wondering why 2 airport immigration offices of the same country have different policies. Anyway, might want to start a new post so more people see your question.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

14:20 - been 2hr 5min so far. Seems faster since I am busy on here. :) Still waiting for them to give back passport, ECC, receipt...

Also, keep your receipt stapled onto the ECC or it will not be accepted.