Ecc Progress...

JMEL
Posted
Posted

14:26 - Some thoughts... Foreigners, keep in mind thatimmigration is fast and easy compared to all other government offices. My wife often waits most of the day in oppressive heat just to get an ID card or a paper that allows her to then go get and ID card. This ECC has been easy, though 2.25 hours later I am not out yet.

I budgeted P1000 for this. With taxi to&from Ayala area, lawyer notary fee, photocopies, pictures, etc. (some purchased before coming to save time and money), I am under that amount.

Not sure why have been given the horror stories of having to come back in 3 days to pay, 3 more days to get prints, etc. Hope that doesn't happen much.

Workers are decent and knowledgeable, though won't give much more info than pointing and saying wait... they don't give advice or answer 1-off questions. Call for that or ask a lawyer.

JMEL
Posted
Posted

14:36 - in taxi. 2hr 25min total in office. "... you are done. Keep your receipt stapled onto it will not be accepted."

I was told needed LOTS of photocopies of things: passport main page, entry stamp, last extension, ACRI, etc, AND the receipt with clearance letter of last extension in ORIGINAL form. Nope. Only the 3 2x2 picsand front&back of ACRI card. You may be told differently on another day as rusea change suddenly and no notice given.

Cheers :)

robert k
Posted
Posted

I love the paperwork not wanted when offered then they want it later. Last trip entering Manila, I guess the imigration officer just tuned me out when I requested to extend on the spot and gave me 30 days. I collected my bags before they grew legs and went back and got it corrected, which surprisingly did not involve a new stamp but a couple of receipts for a first extension. When I exited from Manila and handed over my pasport, I gave them the extension receipts which were handed back to me unexamined. One minute later the confused imigration person hand signaled to give back the receipts which now cleared everything up, go figure. I think they were a little miffed that I did not remove my hat before approaching but when you have a bag in each hand, your head is the best place to carry a hat, and I had intended to take it off. :tiphat:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I sure am glad I live in Subic / Olongapo City where we have a nice new office, good air con, no lines and good staff!

And no way to get an ECC. Sorry, Manila or Cebu ONLY at last report. Agreed that extensions at branches are smokin' fast!

No, they do ECC at Olongapo City.  The authorization letter is right in the window and I have already talked to them about it.  I have to go in one week before my flight next month.

• Like 1

JMEL
Posted
Posted

So 3 offices can get ECC now? Cool.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There is an ECC desk at the Baguio BI office also.

One thing I have noticed in Baguio is that all government offices have signs that say "No Noon Break" implying that there will always be someone available to provide service even during lunchtime.

I don't know if that is just a local policy or nationwide.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I have noticed in Baguio is that all government offices have signs that say "No Noon Break" implying that there will always be someone available to provide service even during lunchtime.

Try it :-) . . . . I did in Mandaue.  All it means is the doors are not locked.  No one touches any paperwork or processes any money between 12 noon and 1 pm,.  Worse is that you can submit your paperwork at 12, just put it on the pile like I did, and anyone who comes in between 12 and 1 puts theirs on top of yours . . . and you guessed it, you are at the bottom of the pile behind the people who came in up to an hour behind you. . .  NEVER AGAIN

• Like 4

JMEL
Posted
Posted

Why no ECC in Bacolod?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thanks for such a interesting visit to the BI . hope that you had a good learning experience.

just curious those other guys who didnt have the EEC and lost their flights & $$$. what was their attitude?

how did the BI staff react or handle them? 

now I can go back and read the rest of todays forum.0653_homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Why no ECC in Bacolod?

There is a sign on the window right above the log in book that says the ECC needed after 6 months is issued at Cebu or Manila.