May Come As A Bit Of A Surprise To Some

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
When was the last time you saw a western family vacationing in the Philippines.

Any time I go to Ayala mall in Cebu I always see at least 1 western family, complete with kids, vacationing there.  In Dumaguete I see lots of young foreign couples vacationing there.  Many of them are backpacker types who stay at Harold's 'Mansion'.  You should see the looks I get from the foreign women when I am sitting in the same restaurant they are eating in and I am accompanied by my 18 year old partner.   :omg:

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have been watching over the last few months - probably around mid-summer - and I have seen a few adverts for the Philippines in the travel agency windows. Not many but a few...

Sent by using a very long piece of string, a couple tin cans, 2 gaseous monkeys, Tapatalk and my Nexus 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Fix this first then talk about tourism. 

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
When was the last time you saw a western family vacationing in the Philippines. Not going to happen.

The last time I was in Cebu at Sinulog time I seen lots of western families at the malls etc. Often stayed at the Montebello hotel other times, again many western families with kids staying there. I guess it depends where one is and what part of the Philippines we are talking about.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I saw a group of 4 middle aged white ladies at the mall the other day... very odd for Iloilo. Maybe they were lost?  They did not look like Mormon missionaries ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I saw a group of 4 middle aged white ladies at the mall the other day... very odd for Iloilo. Maybe they were lost?  They did not look like Mormon missionaries ha ha  :tiphat:

Tuka Ram,its probable they are.

I have seen several over the years and not always do they have the "NAME TAG"

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

The only westerners I get to see at Manila, other than men, are either wives/family of people who work here, missionaries from various religions/groups or young Scandinavians who have the fun of traveling on a budget.

Tourism in Philippines needs a lot of work but is not impossible. The country does have the natural and human resources for it. Promoting the country, making proper tourist receiving environment....is another story!!!!

I tend to believe they prefer the sex tourism than any other, they earn the heck out of it without spending or investing a dime...makes sense isn't it?

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
You should see the looks I get from the foreign women when I am sitting in the same restaurant they are eating in and I am accompanied by my 18 year old partner.

You should see the looks that I get from the locals when I go out with my 16 year old daughter and my wife's 83 year old mother. We are holding hands with me in the middle and I see them look at one, then the other, then at me. I can see that they are wondering "Who is he with, the young one or the old one?" Is he a pedophile or is she a cougar?

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Back in 2012, I had seen Toronto streetcars with Philippine scenery emblazoned on the side.  But not since.