Passport

Curley
Posted
Posted

Has anyone got info on exactly what's needed to apply for a passport? My friend thought she had everything but has now been told that "new regs" state that she must have a full driving licence in order to get a passport. I think she's being scammed.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
she must have a full driving licence in order to get a passport

Sure would be hard for a 10 year old (for example) to get a passport if that were the case  :morning1:

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I can personally attest that our 11 month old had not yet received his driver's license last Sept when he got his passport. An NSO birth cert is required and the driver's license is on the list of other supporting documents but there are many more. The DFA web site has the requirements.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sounds like miscommunication to me. The licence as Mike said would just be an ID.

Now Mike, the boys 11 months old and you have not taught him to drive? slack  :lol:

• Like 2

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

My asawa is still working on her passport and it will be our 3 year anniversary in April. We read all the requirements and went for it only to be turned away. They only told my asawa you need another ID. So she did as told and got another ID and went back again told not good enough still need other ID. Well she went back 4 times only to be told the same thing. So currently she has NBI, police clearance, birth certificate, school ID, BIR ID. On her last attempt she was told have to have voters ID. Well she applied and we have been waiting 2 years and still no ID. Recently she went to get her SSS ID but nothing as of yet.

Now my asawa is not one to ask questions or make problems she is very shy. I know my asawa is not educated and she is very trustworthy with those in power where as I am not. I have stopped pushing her to continue to get it and just figure I'll just nudge her every once in a while.

When I finally get to visit there again ( long story, tore my shoulder up in a fall at work and been through operations and rehab for 2 yrs. workers compensation won't let me leave on a vacation and continue care for my shoulder. ) sorry for being off track. Any how when I get there I'll work my asawa's paperwork for her passport.

I hope not everyone has this experience as it's been very difficult on our relationship, but I love her with all my heart and it will all work out.

Thanks for listening and of anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

HEWY09

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

of anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

If she has NBI and police clearance all she should need is a barangay clearance or an NSO marriage contract to satisfy the 3 supporting documents:

LIST OF ACCEPTABLE IDS (At least 1 of the following):

Government-issued picture IDs such as the following:

Digitized SSS ID

Driver’s License

GSIS E-card

PRC ID

IBP ID

OWWA ID

Digitized BIR ID

Senior Citizen’s ID

Other acceptable picture IDs such as the following:

Old College ID

Alumni ID

Old Employment IDs

LIST OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (At least 3 of the following):

Voter’s ID

NSO Marriage Contract

Land Title

Seaman’s Book

Elementary or High School Form 137 or Transcript of Records with readable dry seal

Government Service Record

NBI Clearance

Police Clearance

Barangay Clearance

Old documents issued at least one year prior to date of application that show correct name, date and place of birth, picture and signature of applicant such as the following:

NSO Birth Certificate of child / children

SSS-E1 Form or Microfilmed Copy of SSS-E1 Form

Income Tax Return

Voter’s Certification, List of Voters and Voter’s Registration Record (for newly issued VRR, please attach receipt)

School Yearbook

Community Tax Certificate

If she is the wife of a foreign national she will need the Commission of Filipino Overseas (CFO) Guidance and Counseling Certificate of Attendance.

http://www.passport.com.ph/requirements

• Like 4

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

I know I have read the entire passport web site nightly for years.

Now the other thing I forgot to mention is that I've been told that she is getting the run around because she has a western last name now ( cash cow). Also because where her family is from in the Philippines ( small island in Samar ).

Now I know things will be different when I'm there, as they usually are. I have no doubt that when she is accompanied by me to get the passport she will get it. As I'm not the type of person to just accept what people tell me, I ask questions and am not afraid to ask for a supervisor. However my asawa would be imbarassed to do so and will be when I do it.

Sent from my iPhone. buhay ay mahusay na! magsaya.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Now the other thing I forgot to mention is that I've been told that she is getting the run around because she has a western last name now ( cash cow). Also because where her family is from in the Philippines ( small island in Samar ).

Could be but the bigger problem may be the "At least" part of the requirement. Instead of giving you a clear cut answer as to exactly what you need they give the local office discretion to make their own policy. A lot of their codes are written like that.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We opened a 2nd joint bank account recently. They would not accept a digitized Province of Ontario photo ID but they did accept a BIR (TIN) card  which is simply a piece of paper that you attach a picture to and then you laminate it. And then they wonder why there is so much corruption and lack of acceptance in shipping goods to the PI.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
On her last attempt she was told have to have voters ID. Well she applied and we have been waiting 2 years and still no ID.

Recently she went to get her SSS ID but nothing as of yet.

have her to go to her "COMLEC"? where she enrolled and get her registration. Obtain a "copy " (actually its 3copies)

the cost is under   200p. make sure its "notarized",

Regarding her SSS ID, just wait a few more days as they are

processing them faster than they ever have.