Passport

brock
Posted
Posted

Tell her to print out the acceptable required documents list from their website and show the person that...

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Tell her to print out the acceptable required documents list from their website and show the person that...

They don't know what acceptable means (everything is acceptable here) so they ask for all the documents on the list. Only show them the list of the IDs that you have.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Curley
Posted
Posted

Update. She passed her driving test exam first time .... apparently a lot failed and have to re-sit the exam in a month. She tells me that she can now legally drive a car and motorbike even though she has never driven a car yet. Is it really true that you can pass a theory exam and then drive? It's more fun in the phils!

She went to dfa and has now been told that she has all the correct papers and her passport will be delivered in 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Is it really true that you can pass a theory exam and then drive?

She will be more qualified than most. Many drivers in the provinces do not have a licence or are old enough to get one.Just curious, is the exam in English?

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

I don't know but I imagine that as it's a Philippines licence for driving in the Phils that it would be in Tagalog.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't know but I imagine that as it's a Philippines licence for driving in the Phils that it would be in Tagalog.

Both Tagalog and English are official languages in RP, so it would be odd if the test aren't available in both languages. But of course not sure it is, there are more things which aren't logic  :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

Logic does not apply in the Philippines so if you are too stupid to learn English in school then you are too stupid to read all of the street and road signs which are also in English. In case you have not lived here, all official documents are in English and court is held in English.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Logic does not apply in the Philippines so if you are too stupid to learn English in school then you are too stupid to read all of the street and road signs which are also in English. In case you have not lived here, all official documents are in English and court is held in English.

So IF being logic, drivers test would be available in English too  :)

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The written driver's license test is available in Filipino and English.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Now that explains the reason why they drive like they do.

Hospital paperwork (receiving/billing/reporting) is in English. The questionnaire for the blood sellers was in English and not one of the 24 could read it.

• Like 1