Passport

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

The new rules come under Immigration (European Economic Area) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2013 (SI No 3032).  This is all to do with the new member countries and Britain wanting to stop the claiming of unemployment benefits.  It also states British citizen not British resident.  They seem to be have been cleared by the EU already.  But the point is Britain will just change the rules if they lose a court case and you have to wait again.  If you read the comments on the link I sent there is one person already considering returning to her country as they are running out of cash waiting for the OK.  And of course Britain does have the threat of a referendum if the rules don't change to how they like it.

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted
And of course Britain does have the threat of a referendum if the rules don't change to how they like it.

I don't think there's any chance of there being a referendum on Europe. For one to take place, Cameron and the Tories would need to be returned with a sufficient majority and not rely on having a coalition partner at the General Election in May 2015. The chance of that happening are slim, in my view. The Tories might well get the same number of seats as Labour but the Lib-Dems will not agree to a further coalition with them which will mean that the next government will be Lib-Lab. You can then kiss goodbye to any thought of Britain being able to negotiate better terms with the EU and deeper integration will follow.

You can forget Ukip: if their 2015 Manifesto is in any way the same as their 2010 was, they are unelectable - besides which any Briton wishing to take his Filipino wife to the UK can forget it for at least one Parliament (5 years) if Ukip has any say as they want to halt all immigration.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This is precisely the mechanism that Brock and his wife Nessa are using and they're currently biding their time in Prague.

A few weeks or so ago Nesa said they were going back to England on the 5th but have not heard from them since  :unsure:

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

This is precisely the mechanism that Brock and his wife Nessa are using and they're currently biding their time in Prague.

A few weeks or so ago Nesa said they were going back to England on the 5th but have not heard from them since  :unsure:

I'd be surprised if they'd managed to get to the UK so quickly as she would definitely require a Family Permit and it's unlikely that Brock has spent enough time living in Prague for her to qualify. Maybe they're having such a great time in the Czech Republic that they've decided to linger!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Maybe they're having such a great time in the Czech Republic that they've decided to linger!

If I was single it would be high on my list of places for an extended stay!  Love that place.

• 2 weeks later...
Curley
Posted
Posted

Update,

Well the bastards in immigration had a field day today, offloaded loads of Filipinos going to a variety of European countries which also caught my lady. BIG disappointment all round. Thinking of a trip out there. We had all the paperwork that we were told was needed yet some jumped up f++kwit decided to have a "f++k you all " day.

Feeling properly pissed off. Not to mention over $3,000 gone

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

In for a penny, in for a pound.

I've decided to come to Manila to see if we can get this resolved. She has been to immigration and they gave her a piece of paper with 3 extra requirements.

Records of our emails and chats over the last two years and photos of us together.

Affidavit from me stating that she is my girlfriend.

Proof of my remittances to her

No 3 is difficult because I have only sent three in two years.

I found on another forum that Clark airport are insisting on .....

Single women and spouses of foreigners must attend CFO guidance and counseling seminar, get a certificate of attendance and CFO sticker prior to departure,
“How to do this? Go to Manila to attend the seminar at Good Shepherd Convent located in 1043 Aurora Blvd., Quezon City,” 

She will be applying for this as well.

After arriving and meeting up in Manila we will go to Tacloban to visit her Mum and then try to fly to Bangkok from there, Tacloban airport is very small but Cebuair fly to Bangkok from there. If they stop her again it will mean the loss of around $250 instead of $3200. Once we're in Bangkok I'll buy us tickets to my home in Colombia, she doesn't need visas for Thailand or Colombia.

Anyone see any flaws in this?

Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Did this denial of boarding happen at Clark Airport? They are notorious for this. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Did this denial of boarding happen at Clark Airport? They are notorious for this. 

Must be on a case by case basis. When I traveled a year ago to Singapore with my gf it was her first flight and first international travel. On another thread on this forum somewhere I documented the process at Clark.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I've never been there so have no 1st hand experience but if you do some internet searches you will find lots of stories about this airport. Some of it may be bs but where there's that much smoke there must be a little fire.