So Who Wants To Leave And Why, Or Who's Staying For Life?

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was thinking myself that if I got bored, trips of a couple days every couple of months would be interesting. Jpbago, it sounds like you have worked out something great within the system. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just needed to add to my post above that i would be the last one to want to prevent anyone from leaving the Philippines if they are so inclined it's just that you need to make damn sure you you will be happier where you want to go especially after having invested all the time ... money and energy living here in the Phils ..... if i might suggest the same thing we tell overs about moving here .... go back home and TRY it .... not for just a week or two but really try it for several months ..... you might find that things have changed considerably since you left .... :thumbsup: ...... JMHO

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I was thinking myself that if I got bored, trips of a couple days every couple of months would be interesting. Jpbago, it sounds like you have worked out something great within the system. :tiphat:

I'm going to agree to disagree :hystery:  .... people IMHO who travel both sides of the highway only find the bumps and potholes on both sides of the road ... to me it would be much harder to try and live and adapt to two different cultures and life styles ..... but then I suppose you would just learn to favor one over the other .....

:cheersty:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

No problem Mike, I think jpbago already has the Canadian system down and it sounds like he is working the Philippines system pretty good. Then too, if it gets too much for him, jpbago can simply stop buying plane tickets whenever he likes and the torn between two loves problem is solved. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I haven't traveled as much within the Philippines as I hoped too when I moved here a bit over a year ago. I plan on buying an SUV in the next 6 months so it is easier to go on short trips without the hassle of traveling by bus, jeepney and tricycle. Twice I have rented a car for week long trips and really enjoyed them.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
but who can actually blame the teachers when the parents don't bother to discipline their kids and it is only going to get worst there .... JMHO

Here I have to disagree or at least say you can not paint the whole parents with the same straw. Or something like that. :)   As I posted one time I  pay to send a little girl to school, now this little girl is clever and just loves to learn and go to school but wait there's more, her mother helps with her assignments and homework as she also wants to see her little girl prosper.  She, the mother disciplines as to the normal things kids do and also to ensure her child's future. 

The school which is a public school must be one of the better ones as there is always homework and seems to me a genuine attempt to ensure the kids get an education.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

people IMHO who travel both sides of the highway only find the bumps and potholes on both sides of the road .."

Some people travel both sides of the highway to get the best side to avoid the bumps and potholes.

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just to let you all know, I'm a vegetarian (not by choice I promise you - I have health issues that preclude me from eating meat other than in the smallest amounts) organic nut.  I've done permaculture courses (how to grow stuff without chemicals) and practice it everyday.  I'm old enough to remember certain fruits and veges not being available  when out of season and just dealing with it.  I remember the start of season stuff not tasting as good as the prime and expecting that. If your reason for leaving PI is not having chemically carcinogenic, enhanced, gmo foods available; I really wish I had your first world problems only in my life. Sorry for not quoting it, but this is directed at LordBlackMail. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

Food and food quality has not been an issue for me, and would be a non-starter for reasons to leave.  In fact, this is by far the best and freshest fruits and veggies I've had in my life, and my weight and health has improved dramatically in the 5+ mos. I've been here.  The pineapple, mangos and bananas are absolutely the best.  We have not opened a can since we arrived, with the exception of some milk products and sardines.  I do somewhat miss the large beefsteak and Big Boy tomatoes, fresh jalapeno peppers and a well-marbled rib eye or sirloin steak every now and then, but the pan de sal,  fresh fish, crispy pata and charcoal-roasted chicken more than makes up for that, ha!  Also, I have not yet suffered any indigestion, GI or food sickness problems - knocking on wood, here!   

• Like 4