Not Sure Where To Start On A Visa...

davewe
Posted
Posted

Tuka thats probably your best bet to go by yourself. I know i am worried about my wife coming here and then not wanting to go back home. I think i will be ok , because i do hide form her how much i make just to avoid problems. She knows it must be decent , because when i am there we travel all over the place. I do hope to retire there soon part time and the other part Las Vegas, no state taxes.

It's hard to go through the fiancé visa process and hide your income. The girl has to have all your supporting documentation when she goes to the embassy: tax records, bank records, etc.

Of course the reality is that most Filipinas can't equate what Americans make - the numbers seem too huge. I had to explain to my wife many times that yes, by Philippines standards I make a lot but my bills are equally high.

I had one very good Filipina friend ask me in confidence just before she was to go for her interview about her husbands finances. She had no way to understand whether or not he made enough to support her. She is a very good friend and good girl and not looking for his money. She just wanted to make sure they would be alright. So she reluctantly  told me what his last year's salary was and I assured her that was plenty to take care of them both.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Finace visa takes about a year ... if it's approved!

Marriage in Phillis then visa ... takes longer than a year!

Tourist visa .. impossible...

So, go alone ... you will need a break right? :)

brock
Posted
Posted

As I have said before my ex did it all within about 3 months from start to finish

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

As I have said before my ex did it all within about 3 months from start to finish

Which kind of visa? 

brock
Posted
Posted

Which kind of visa? 

spouse

Alby
Posted
Posted

Which kind of visa? 

spouse

Brock, could you pls. elaborate? 

May be I have missed this one but if it's the one where you get married in Phillis then apply, I heard it takes a lot longer. Like 3 years!!

Is it any different?

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Visa's are taking longer now i am waiting on an I-131 now fro 14 months now. Just sent in my I-864 support form , hoping it will move along quickly . I made $192,000 last year and the previous 2 years to that. so it better clear fast. Everytime i turned all requests and forms in the first day notified and my original application was sent in a week after we were married.

They will send notices throughout the process , each time the USCIS sends a notice to contact them in 45 or 90 days if you have a follow up from them. I have never been contacted whithin the time stated. So i end up calling them, they are very good at answering the calls if you dont pick an extension , just wait for them to get on line. They will come in on the spanish line then , i just tell them i dont speak spanish and they get right to my case and are always very polite. I get the same answer all the time there is a big backlog and the three month approval is a thing of the past . the answer i was getting the most was a year plus wait.

My advice go on a fiance visa it seems to move a little faster , they are telling me that would have only taken me a year.These wait times can vary depending on where you are required to file. So there are all kind of issues when filing , just be calm.

Another thing if you are not in PI dont try to guess when your spouse will get her interveiw, just wait till you are contacted , make sure when you are going thru the process that you list yourself as her agent and use your email. Do not let them try to contact her first , it will slow things down. When you are contact then get a hold of your honey and go help her if needed.

Later Pokermike

Pokermike

MikeB
Posted
Posted

There are services that help you through the process. They can save you a lot of hassle, time, and money. I know you don't have to have one but that's the route I would go.

• Like 1

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Yes you can help, but it is very easy to do yourself. It would be great if paid agents could get you moved up in the process but that is impossible so i personally would not waste my money. Its like hiring a lawyer you might get a good one but you might also get a dud. If an agent tells you they can get it done in three months you are dealing with a con. If you get an agent that tells you they will help you get the needed documents and file the forms correctly and that you will be then moved thru the process according to when your application is received then you have a trust worthy agent, because that is the way it works.

Speaking on the forms make sure you have everything ready in advance, i persaonally have cerified copies of everything i need at all times. Example i see on the forum that memebers have a hard time getting a certified copy of their marraige certificate. My suggestion is to request extra certified copies at the time of your marraige. i got six certifeid copies extra, gave one to my wifes mother , one to my wife, one to my daughter and kept a copy and the original for myself. it is a lot easier getting them right then then waiting months for them later.

Later Pokermike

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Which kind of visa? 

spouse

Brock, could you pls. elaborate? 

May be I have missed this one but if it's the one where you get married in Phillis then apply, I heard it takes a lot longer. Like 3 years!!

Is it any different?

All I know is that everything was done within approximately 3 months, They Married in the Philippines, visa`s issued for her and my 2 children.