Weeding Out Gold Diggers

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

Sorry I couldn't find a gold digger topic to post on.

I was introduced to a ''nice'' girl on my last trip to Philippines. I spent more than a week with her. She is 35, 2 teenage sons, partner deserted her. I met a lot of women there and most had a child and the BF left them, doesn't support them.

She does a good job of raising her kids, lives in one room, income from a small window store. Her son got sick when I was there, ended up in hospital with a liver infection, she stayed with him for a couple of days in hospital. She said she didn't know how she would pay and I offered to give her money, at first she refused but eventually she accepted, 12k p to pay. Once we were walking through a mall and she said she loves shoes and purses and looked like she was waiting for me to respond,,,, I'm thinking here??? . Now that I'm home she wants to buy a store and asked me for 75k for the store and 50k for supplies and I'm thinking gold digger. Do you think I'm right? I feel for these people, I know how poor they are and how rich I must look. I'd like to help her, but I've only known her for a week and don't think it's reasonable.

I had a Chinese GF for 3 years, she never asked me for anything, she's not well off, I did buy her a nice gift every time I returned to China. She refused to let me take her shopping because she went with her GFs, never asked me for money. She always gave to crap for spending money, I needed so many things for my apartment, an extra hot plate, more pots etc, really just basics. She once gave me crap for buying a clothes iron, I explained that I can't wear wrinkled clothes and she understood. I did buy a scooter, I just can't live without my own wheels. This is what I expect from a Filipino. Am I right?

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
This is what I expect from a Filipino. Am I right?
Well. Not from all, but it's common. But it's rather common too with Filipins, who are to prod to ask  :thumbsup:    (except perhaps if it's REALY urgent (as e g a big cost hospital treatment) and they have no other solution idea available than borrow very expensive from a loan shark. But such Filipins ask for a LOAN and REALY will try their best to pay back, finding it embarrasing if they can't pay back in the planed speed, in difference from the others, who never intend to pay back, although they call their requests "loan"...
  • Like 2

billygoat993
Posted
Posted

People are all different some women would abuse and ask you others wont but you are right the Filioina abused you or is starting early to scam. She was able to live and survive without you all if a sudden she asked a lot.

• Like 2

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Yes you are right. Go with your gut. However, if you shop around you will find there are numerous women out there looking for an expat for the right reasons.

• Like 2

Miguk
Posted
Posted
After 1 week asking for75k RUN

And don't look back!

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Yep, as the other's said, Forrest Gump it mate. 

• Like 2

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

Thanks, she seems like a nice woman. I really do feel for these people, so much poverty. I explained to her that I barely know her and can't be a walking wallet. So she asked me a favor and wants help to buy a stove. I won't run away, that shows fear. Besides I have arthritis in my knees. I can walk away.

• Like 4

brock
Posted
Posted

Do the sensible thing and don't give her any money,,,,If you want to give money to someone you don't know, Give it to me, I will send you my bank account number  :)

• Like 4