Weeding Out Gold Diggers

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

She said it is not her intention to be asking for money ''and its all up to you''

:unsure: OOOH! the times we have all heard this. Definitely, this phrase,  is the start of the guilt trip, on you, my friend.

Ted, can I just ask, are you still talking as regularly, as you used too?

If no, then I think you can now judge, for yourself.

If yes, then maybe We have all got it wrong but I would not hold my breath on this.  :rolleyes:

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Tell her you're not rich but could use a bit of cash for your ticket.  You may now look for a new girl.

• Like 2

TedDBayer
Posted
Posted

I heard ''it's up to you'' every where and too often, to every question, I hope it really is. I'm getting the T-shirt for me. I give ''Ted Was Here'' T-shirts away.

• Like 3

BritishPinay
Posted
Posted

Hhhmmm... just from reading your words, you come across as a kind and generous person, the type who would take joy in helping the less fortunate.

I see money as a great tool that we can use to enrich our own and other people's lives. I personally love using it to contribute to others. I think most of us derive joy from this. But there are healthy BOUNDARIES we must establish when a new acquaintance seemingly starts developing a pattern of asking us for a progressively increasing amount of money for various seemingly legit reasons (yes purses and shoes ARE legit - I'm a woman! :P :P ). 

Don't lose sight of the fact that it is YOUR money - as such you should at least FEEL GENUINELY GOOD if you give it away. So if, when you give money to her, you do not feel joy/good, or you feel taken advantage of or abused even (regardless how slight), then it's probably your sense of well-being giving you the red flags. 

The fact that you posted your question here tells me you are getting the red flags. And in my opinion you ought to listen :) 

And if by any chance you can't help but say yes because you feel guilty, remember that saying "yes" when you mean "no" is one of the greatest disservice you could ever do to yourself (and to others).  

Besides, why do it (or anything, really) if you feel worse off after doing a supposedly generous, kind and loving act? 

On a more serious note, I have just walked past a shop at the mall and saw these ultra GORGEOUS shoes and purple purse...  *nudge nudge wink wink*  :mocking:  :mocking:  :mocking:

• Like 4

Curley
Posted
Posted
On a more serious note, I have just walked past a shop at the mall and saw these ultra GORGEOUS shoes and purple purse... *nudge nudge wink wink* :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

If that's you in your avatar ............... I could be persuaded to take great pleasure in buying some purple shoes and handbag. :tiphat:

• Like 1

BritishPinay
Posted
Posted

On a more serious note, I have just walked past a shop at the mall and saw these ultra GORGEOUS shoes and purple purse... *nudge nudge wink wink* :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

If that's you in your avatar ............... I could be persuaded to take great pleasure in buying some purple shoes and handbag. :tiphat:

*chuckles* 

Yes it is me in my profile pic (but of course).

So do I give you my bank deets now? My paypal address is golddiggerxoxo@yahoo.com - send the money pronto, my sweet Daddy! :P   

P.S. Oh can you throw in an iPhone, too? *flashes super flirty smile whilst flutterring eyelashes*

• Like 5

BritishPinay
Posted
Posted

JOKING. 

I'm only joking! My real paypal address is willloveyoulongtime@gmail.com

:rolleyes:  :hystery:  :devil:

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Gee BP did I know you in another SE Asian country,  I would like to help out, giving is better than receiving, and you seem to be the better person so please forward cash to my Paypal acct. younumbertengi@paypal.com.

• 4 months later...
El Negrito
Posted
Posted
I'm only joking! My real paypal address is willloveyoulongtime@gmail.com

Hilarious BP and your English is darn near perfect. I am guessing maybe you were raised in the UK? Anyway I am guessing that like Curley said you have guys falling all over you to buy you whatever you want! LOL

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I think it is perhaps wise to assume that any Filipina outside the middle classes who is willing to date a foreigner is motivated to some extent by money.

Dividing them up into "gold diggers" and "honest women" is just a good way to mislead yourself.

The scale actually runs in shades of grey from "outrageous scam artist" to "pretty nice girl but her parents could do with some cash" 

• Like 5