The Filipina And English

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Don't forget. When a Filipino says, "I will try." There's no chance in hell it will get done. "I will try." is a polite way to say, "No."

Interesting.  What do they say when they REALY will try?       :)

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

If they are really going to try they will say

I will be the one

That's as close to promise as you will get

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Now I have got answer from the TESDA employed I know.

Grown ups can get education at Elementary and High School level, not for free, but for a SMALL fee.

If ask TESDA (and not the wanted High school) where there are such educations, the main TESDA office in Metro Cebu is in Lahug (and a small one in Pardo).

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Now I have got answer from the TESDA employed I know. Grown ups can get education at Elementary and High School level, not for free, but for a SMALL fee.

way off topic brother

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Now I have got answer from the TESDA employed I know. Grown ups can get education at Elementary and High School level, not for free, but for a SMALL fee.

way off topic brother

Way ON topic. It was some posts BEFORE mine, which weren't much on topic  :)

(=The topic starter talked about how to improve the English knowledge his gf have.   In an earlier post I suggested HE teach her, or check if she can get relevant education for a low fee. There are English education at Elementary and High School level open for grown ups, but I don't know if it's possible to get only English education, or have to study all subjects for the chosen level.)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

way off topic brother

way off topic brother

Way ON topic. It was some posts BEFORE mine, which weren't much on topic  :)

(=The topic starter talked about how to improve the English knowledge his gf have.   In an earlier post I suggested HE teach her, or check if she can get relevant education for a low fee. There are English education at Elementary and High School level open for grown ups, but I don't know if it's possible to get only English education, or have to study all subjects for the chosen level.)

way off topic brother

Way ON topic.

Sorry Scott but I have to agree with Thomas here., This is where a Topic, can get divided but at this time, I think, all Thomas has said, is well, within the  Scope, Now! I am no moderator but I feel sure, we will all agree, that  this is OK on the current Topic. Always, we will have a little Digression on things. It adds, to the main core of conversation, English and it's Education is so Important, that I feel, we must hear all, that needs to be said. :thumbsup: he was after, all only commenting on a Post from a member that would say anything, to upset the balance of things. Whilst I can agree, that it has gone Further than it should to a degree. To me, it is still, well within the topic of " The Filipina and English

Peace Brother, Please don't let us fall out over the English language  :no:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)

ur right jack

Edited by scott h
  • Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

Don't forget. When a Filipino says, "I will try." There's no chance in hell it will get done. "I will try." is a polite way to say, "No."

They never "Really" try. It's just like them answering "Ciguro"=maybe or a muslim saying "In Shallah"=god willing. It's out of their hands and if it doesn't happen there is no shame.... If you hear any of the above just forget about it

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They never "Really" try. It's just like them answering "Ciguro"=maybe or a muslim saying "In Shallah"=god willing. It's out of their hands and if it doesn't happen there is no shame.... If you hear any of the above just forget about it

:hystery:  :hystery:  The Best this week is when they are Wrong,  :unsure:  OH! yes, they can, be wrong and when you can eventually, get them to Admit it, the answer is always, AH OK! "Next time." But, never with  Sorry, Cos that word, just does NOT exist.

:tiphat:   (But love em, just the same.)  :thumbsup:

:dance:  for my loved one [ in case she is reading this.]     post-2148-0-80614900-1401892174_thumb.jp

:hystery: What a creep I can be  :thumbsup:

:unsure:  :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Sorry Scott but I have to agree with Thomas here., This is where a Topic, can get divided but at this time, I think, all Thomas has said, is well, within the Scope
Yes, I managed to stay on topic THIS time :)    but I have went off topic many other times  (but mostly after the topic question is answered.)

They never "Really" try.

Well. SOME realy try, but it can be hard to know who. So I hope getting some assistance by get to know what THEY say   :)

Will they just say they will do it?