Requesting New Tourist Visa, How To?

06charger
Posted
Posted

Im arriving in Tuesday and heading to Olongapo. Where is the closest location where I can apply for a tourist visa.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Relax

you have 30 days on arrival to worry about that.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Im arriving in Tuesday and heading to Olongapo. Where is the closest location where I can apply for a tourist visa.

Hello 06Charger,

It's about 1AM there in PI.  I'm sure OMW, JON1 or SubicSteve will chime in to help you.  As for accommodations,

I believe whatever you choose, please remain flexible and go with the flow.  Just be prepared to pack your bags

again in the hunt for a better place.  At least away from those roosters singing My Way at 200 decibels -- at 2AM!

It may be nice and quiet during the day, perhaps you should revisit during the night.  Watch out for those fresh

droppings from the 4 and 2 legged animals.  Bring a flashlight......he, he.

Respectfully -- Jake (USN E-9, retarded) 

Edited by Jake
spil chek

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

Relax

you have 30 days on arrival to worry about that.

I usually say that it is always better to get your first extension sooner, rather than later. If you don't, and especially if you have a tendency to improvise like I do, then you can find yourself three or four weeks later having to make a bit of an effort to attend a BoI office now finding yourself in the province somewhere. You can get one shortly after you arrive, like the day after even. And then, once you have got that first extension, you do not have to worry again about getting one, for two months.

there is a Bureau of Immigration office right in Olongapo city, which I did not realise when i headed to Subic shortly after arrival in the Philippines a few years ago. Had I known that at the time, I would have probably got my first extension there.

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is a B.I. office in Olongapo on Gordon Ave just past 14th street.  When you get stamped coming in to the Philippines you should be good for 30 days.  You can get 2 month extensions at the Olongapo branch.  Shorts are OK but wear a collared shirt.

P.S.  You do have an outbound ticket don't you, otherwise you won't be arriving on Tuesday.

Edited by SubicSteve
  • Like 1

06charger
Posted
Posted

no I do not have an outbound ticket. however when I purchased my ticket it said that I will arrive two days later. I leave tomorrow.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

no I do not have an outbound ticket. however when I purchased my ticket it said that I will arrive two days later. I leave tomorrow.

I am pretty sure if you don't have some type of outbound ticket when you arrive, even if it is just a throwaway, you are going to be hazzeled by customs.

06charger
Posted
Posted

sooooo..... they are going to refuse my entry becuase of no outbound?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

sooooo..... they are going to refuse my entry becuase of no outbound?

Yes. If you don't have some kind of return or out bound ticket they will refuse you entry. If you don't have a return ticket home, you can get dirt cheap CebuPacific tickets out to where ever.

robert k
Posted
Posted

You may not even be able to board the plane in the US without an outbound ticket from the RP, the government holds the airlines responsible and the airlines cover their behinds. American Airlines certainly checked my itinerary to make sure I had an outbound flight 6 months ago and they were not even the carrier taking me out of the US, just the first leg to Los Angeles where China Air was carrying me to the RP. I landed in Manila and extended at airport imigration as soon as I arrived since I was going to a remote area where the carabao would do a doubletake when they saw me. :) 

• Like 3