Requesting New Tourist Visa, How To?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Never been asked by Singapore Airlines in Singapore; I have however been asked by Qantas on their direct Syd-Man service. I err on the side of caution and carry it anyway. Just as an aside, I've never been asked on arrival in Manila.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Same for me Brett, I always thought it was my honest face. Never been asked to the ticket, mine you I have tons of stamps in my passport.....lol....maybe it is not my honest face :)

LOL Mike, you seen a picture of this head??  It's a wonder they let me in the door at work!

But back on topic:  Jake summed up pretty nicely what I was less than subtly alluding to.  It's not that big an effort to cover your butt.   

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Never been asked by Singapore Airlines in Singapore; I have however been asked by Qantas on their direct Syd-Man service. I err on the side of caution and carry it anyway. Just as an aside, I've never been asked on arrival in Manila.

Same for me Brett, I always thought it was my honest face. Never been asked to the ticket, mine you I have tons of stamps in my passport.....lol....maybe it is not my honest face :)

Perhaps it was this face.....he, he.

post-686-0-16098800-1401120648_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

the_whipster
Posted
Posted

hardly a surprise. Quantas will want to know, as much as they can everything about Singapore Airlines, They are big serious competitors.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
hardly a surprise. Quantas will want to know, as much as they can everything about Singapore Airlines, They are big serious competitors.

They were completely separate and unrelated trips Whipster  but illustrates perfectly there's no hard and fast.  

I have heard mention on these forums that some have had issues with some airlines when it comes to the cheap throw away not being a return flight to their country of origin.  Again, never happened to me. Has anyone experienced this?  Or has it already been mentioned in this thread?  Sorry if I missed it, severe head cold kicking me in the teeth right now and not thinking straight. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

They were completely separate and unrelated trips Whipster  but illustrates perfectly there's no hard and fast.  

I have heard mention on these forums that some have had issues with some airlines when it comes to the cheap throw away not being a return flight to their country of origin.  Again, never happened to me. Has anyone experienced this?  Or has it already been mentioned in this thread?  Sorry if I missed it, severe head cold kicking me in the teeth right now and not thinking straight. 

When I had a one way ticket from the USA on United to Manila with a cheap throw away ticket to Malaysia the ticket agent was confused at first after looking at my onward ticket. She didn't know where the destination was. In the end she accepted it and gave me my boarding passes.

I have never been asked at immigration for my onward ticket though I always have a printout of my onward ticket with me just in case.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have never had immigration question anything. It is always the ticket agent in the US.

On my last trip over here I had to argue with the ticket agent at Korean Air/DFW.  She said I had to have a return ticket - as in back to the US. I assured her that an 'exit ticket' is not the same as a 'return ticket'.  The Philippines does not care where I go but just that I have the means to leave.  After almost 10 minutes she finally went to get her supervisor, to let me know I was wrong...  The supervisor looked at my information and said I was fine.  The agent said I did not have a return ticket to the US and the supervisor looked at her like she was an idiot and said all he needs is an exit ticket from the Philippines - we do not care where he goes! 

You can show up with all your hard copy printouts and still get an uniformed ticket agent!  But that is why I get to the airport hours early ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have never had immigration question anything. It is always the ticket agent in the US.

You can show up with all your hard copy printouts and still get an uniformed ticket agent!  But that is why I get to the airport hours early ha ha  :tiphat:

Hey King TR,

I'm already at the bar waiting for you.  I drank your beer plus ate all your peanuts while you flirt with that

ticket agent at DFW.  It's always good to arrive early, get your boarding pass and then check out all the

eye candy.....he, he.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:lol:  I was looking for something else at the time but i came across this article, it goes some way to explain things and I hope it will be useful. :thumbsup:

http://www.airtreks.com/ready/where-do-you-want-to-go/onward-tickets/

:tiphat:  :morning1:  Morning All,

:unsure: Another hot day I guess but it looks like we may get some rain here in Dumaguete later,

Nice, My garden could use some water.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Another hot day I guess but it looks like we may get some rain here in Dumaguete later,

SAO has decamped to Canlaon City for the duration mate!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

SAO has decamped to Canlaon City for the duration mate!

Maybe, I need to update my abbreviation manual or am I just not, awake yet WTF is this Brett   :lol:

:tiphat:  :unsure:

(of course i am getting older now my friend, Things tend to slip by me, unnoticed)