Electric Costs On The Rise Again

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I got your electric bill for the month of May and the cost for kWh is now at 10.16 up from 9.89 and my usage also has gone up for the 2nd straight month in a row from kWh used 170 in March to 188 in April and now 193 for May ..... now keep in mind we don't use aircon .... and no one is tied to us as our service from the meter to the house is underground ..... the funny part is the meter readings are accurate as I keep a monthly spreadsheet of my electric bills ....

I compared last years figures for May with this years and we also had a p10.20 kWh charge but the difference was some p300 less last year ....

Now I ain't complaining cause I know some of you guys have BIG bills compared to mine ..... just letting newbies know that if you ONLY budget say $900 a month some things don't remain consistent .... so be sure you have enough to pay these additional expensive ...... or you may have to give up a few San Magoo's ..... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Aines (SAO) mentioned this to me the other day too and we have relatively low use as well.  Is this an inflationary hike or are they just upping the price like most of the rest of the world Mike?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Here on Cebu my usage and bill have  also  risen over the last 3 months .

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

At this time of year,,,to stay comfortable...............i'll pay it :nudie:

• Like 4

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

With a hot summer due to the El Nino, the fridges will be working harder so that might explain the higher power usage some are experiencing.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Is this an inflationary hike or are they just upping the price like most of the rest of the world Mike?

My Wife works for NORECO II (Negros Electric Cooperative) in Dumaguete, We discussed this the other day, According to the Supply Engineer, It is a Supply and Demand Situation, Like most Companies, they will rake in when there is a Good usage (Like Now) and rake in with raising charges when usage is low. Thus Maintaining Profitability at all cost. Like Fuel Oil ( Petrol/Gasoline etc) it always goes up when they have little and again when they have Plenty [and usage is up as now] I prompted a question to the Engineer, " So why does the cost never come down?" Ah well he said, the Accountants enjoy Reporting a% rise in Profits but never like to report a % Drop So I guess, it is like anywhere else in the world, They Got it, We need it, We have to pay, what they want  :1 (103):

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
They Got it, We need it, We have to pay, what they want :1 (103):
Yes. That's a reason it can be nice to produce (main part) of our electricity ourselves  :)    (As we discus some in an other topic.)
  • Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to my solar panels and deep cycle batteries being installed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Wish I was only paying p10.  Mine went from p12 to 12.75

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

If what they are saying here is correct, except a large inflow of expats within two years.  New regulations imposed on energy in US will raise electric bills by three hundred.

• Like 2