Electric Costs On The Rise Again

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

California is suffering from a drought. The public has been asked to conserve on water. The program is so successful the public water utility companies are asking for rate increases because of income shortfall.

Cars and trucks have become more fuel efficient. Add to that alternative energy vehicles. Less consumption of gas and diesel means lower revenues from fuel taxes for highway repairs. The Transportation Department may allow states to charge tolls on the federally funded freeway system.

Similarly, electric utility companies are complaining about lower income as homes and businesses become more energy efficient. Solution? Rate increases.

For those in the Philippines, what is it that you are gripping about? Higher cost of electricity? It will start with frequent brownouts and blackouts. Soon you will be begging for rate increases provided the power is on all the time.

Am I a cynic or what?

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Tukaram is already paying close to 30 US cents per Kw hour, if he used more electricity, it would be approaching time to start generating his own, but he keeps his usage low so he would probably never recover the startup costs.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Am I a cynic or what?

NO! JJ certainly not, A  Realist, you are, in more ways than one   :)

In my minds eye, I can visualize you saying this  post-2148-0-01535900-1402015469_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
For those in the Philippines, what is it that you are gripping about? Higher cost of electricity? It will start with frequent brownouts and blackouts. Soon you will be begging for rate increases provided the power is on all the time.

sounds like 1990-92 all over again ( for those who are not familiar w/that statement,

I strongly suggest that 1 read the past of Philippine history to understand how it can happen again)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I strongly suggest that 1 read the past of Philippine history to understand how it can happen again)

Well my friend, like so many things in the World Today, not just here. Can you remember what our grand Parents used to Say and they had lived and seen Plenty in their lifetime. " What goes Round will come Round"

One of my late Uncles favorite sayings was " IF, things don't change, they will stay, as they are"

in the 1970's in the UK we all lost out, 3 day working Week, 2/3 day Brownouts, Coal and Steel Strikes, all because of Sheer Greed. It don't Change, so we ask, has man really moved on ?

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Now to cap it all today, we have a severe Voltage Drop in my area that, is Playing havoc, with my AVR's and my screen is off and on every 2/3 mins. 

Driving me CRAZY      post-2148-0-32963600-1402024944_thumb.jp

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
This looks like such a good idea. Just wonder if it could ever work on a large scale?
No   :)

When they can't built concrete/asphalt roads, which don't break, then they can't build solar panels, who don't break when driving trucks on them...   (At least not if making them cheap enough.)  

BUT there are a lot of space at roofs...  (Prefering slooping so they make snow and leafes go away by themselves enough).

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to my solar panels and deep cycle batteries being installed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

whens that happening

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

This looks like such a good idea. Just wonder if it could ever work on a large scale?

When they can't built concrete/asphalt roads, which don't break, then they can't build solar panels, who don't break when driving trucks on them...   (At least not if making them cheap enough.)  

BUT there are a lot of space at roofs...  (Prefering slooping so they make snow and leafes go away by themselves enough).

If you watched the video then you would have seen the technology, which is not yet mature. is cheap enough to replace the solar panels which break.  Its just like replacing car parking with bike parking.in cities.  You can afford to pay the bike riders a $1 to park and still make a profit.  But if you look at some of the links from the same video Haliburton have a video which claims all this solar stuff is draining the sun of energy:-)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you watched the video then you would have seen the technology, which is not yet mature. is cheap enough to replace the solar panels which break.  Its just like replacing car parking with bike parking.in cities.  You can afford to pay the bike riders a $1 to park and still make a profit.  But if you look at some of the links from the same video Haliburton have a video which claims all this solar stuff is draining the sun of energy:-)

I did look at the video hasty before I wrote my post.

Do you mean they claim they (will) manage to build roads for similar costs as concrete/asphalt roads, without being weaker than them??!

I don't believe it until I see it...   :)