Electric Costs On The Rise Again

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

If what they are saying here is correct, except a large inflow of expats within two years.  New regulations imposed on energy in US will raise electric bills by three hundred.

Not to mention rotating blackouts like they did here in California 15 years ago.  But then I've read these are common in Phils.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
But then I've read these are common in Phils.

Only in certain parts

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

But then I've read these are common in Phils.

Only in certain parts

Perth in Western Australia has more every summer than we do where we are.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

(Reuters) - American power firm AES Corp said on Wednesday it is planning to invest up to $2 billion to expand its coal-fired power plant in the northwestern Philippines and put up power storage facilities to help stabilise supply in the energy-deficient central provinces.

AES will spend $1.2 billion to double the capacity of its 600-megawatt coal-fired power plant in Masinloc in Zambales province, with the project expected to be finished in three years.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/04/philippines-aes-corp-idUSL3N0OL1P120140604

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We have 2 new coal plants scheduled to open soon - but until they fix the rats nest of wires dragging the ground... we will still have brownouts all the time.  They cannot deliver the power they have consistently.  Making more won't really help ha ha:tiphat:

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Not to mention rotating blackouts like they did here in California 15 years ago. But then I've read these are common in Phils.

many people FAILED TO NOTICE that this was self induced(GREED by ENRON) unlike here which is due to the lackof proper planning and foresight,

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I remember well the rolling blackouts we had here in Texas because they just could not stop selling electricity to California. :mocking: Too much money to lose. California paying 50% more and eating the transmission loss besides.

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Only in certain parts
Experienced that in Ozamiz City. They got it bad
  • Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

If what they are saying here is correct, except a large inflow of expats within two years.  New regulations imposed on energy in US will raise electric bills by three hundred.

That may depend on whether the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) goes ahead. That will give Americans the right to live, work and claim benefits anywhere in the European Union. This will not be welcomed by European voters.

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

This looks like such a good idea. Just wonder if it could ever work on a large scale?

http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

• Like 1