Electric Costs On The Rise Again

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Well I don't know what amused me was the haliburton video saying using solar panels drained the suns energy 

Well I don't know. what amused me was the haliburton video saying using solar panels drained the suns energy 

Well I don't know. what amused me was the haliburton video saying using solar panels drained the suns energy 

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Looking forward to my solar panels and deep cycle batteries being installed.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

whens that happening

When we have the money for it mate, panels are relatively cheap, it's the batteries that are expensive.  They are however falling in price pretty quickly.  There are also some safety concerns that I have to sort out as well.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got our May bill today and would like to give it one of you.  p20,315.   :1 (103):

Looks like a meter reader error.  The meter says 70331 today June 9th and according to the bill it said 70906 on May 26th.  I went to the office right away with a picture of the meter and they are sending someone out tomorrow.  They agreed it is probably an error but they have to have someone check in person before they make an adjustment.  I'm not sure how they are going to make the adjustment.

With our bill today we also got a notice of a rate increase.  It increased our rates slightly in 4 buckets.

We are averaging about p9.5 per KWH here in Subic Bay Freeport.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I got our May bill today and would like to give it one of you.  p20,315.

:hystery: OMW what are you running there ?post-2148-0-84085500-1402305902.jpgor post-2148-0-71205300-1402305941_thumb.jp

Oooooooooooops, 2nd time Sorry today :unsure:  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat: ( Listen. at 20.000+ peso We need the Humour OK!)

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I got our May bill today and would like to give it one of you. p20,315. :1 (103):
That's LESS than my electric bills during winter months in Sweden   :boohoo:   although I use

/some firewood to assist the heating when it's extra cold  (but I do that just litle, because of my injury I can make firewood myself, although I have rather much for free.)

/an air-air heater pump (=As an aircon, but it do the opposite. It can be used as aircon too, but I never do. Not much need of aircons in Sweden  :)

Before I bought that heat pump, I had even used much more electric, I believe it was around double compared to now, during the winter months.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I got our May bill today and would like to give it one of you.  p20,315.

:hystery: OMW what are you running there ?attachicon.gifair conditioner.jpgor attachicon.gifBig Fridge.jpg

Oooooooooooops, 2nd time Sorry today :unsure:  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat: ( Listen. at 20.000+ peso We need the Humour OK!)

I didn't see the pics the first time due to my slow internet.  Yes, that's my system, the one on the right!  :hystery:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I got our May bill today and would like to give it one of you.  p20,315.   :1 (103):

Looks like a meter reader error.  The meter says 70331 today June 9th and according to the bill it said 70906 on May 26th.  I went to the office right away with a picture of the meter and they are sending someone out tomorrow.  They agreed it is probably an error but they have to have someone check in person before they make an adjustment.  I'm not sure how they are going to make the adjustment.

With our bill today we also got a notice of a rate increase.  It increased our rates slightly in 4 buckets.

We are averaging about p9.5 per KWH here in Subic Bay Freeport.

Subic Enerzone took care of the issue right away.  They sent someone out yesterday (in pouring rain) to check the meter and then as promised, the counter lady called me to tell me they had made the adjustment.  They delivered a new bill today and as I thought, they assumed the meter reader made a 1000 KWH error.

My bill was still the highest ever, p9962, but that was expected.  We had visitors all month and ran the air cons a lot, and the weather was very hot.  Also, 2 of my air cons were running very poorly and we finally got the company out to service them last week, and they are running much better now.  Our next bill should be a lot less.  In the cool season our bills have been as low as p3500 and in the hot season as high as p7000-8000, except for this last one.  I am wimpy and I need air con.

Side note on the servicing.  It took like three weeks to get them out (the company my landlord uses) because they are so backed up at the beginning of the hot season.  You will keep your bills down by getting the units cleaned thoroughly once a year.  I never had a split air con before and I was amazed (and worried!) that they washed the inside unit while it was inside the house.  They set up a plastic bag system to catch the runoff in a bucket, and they did a good job spraying the vanes with a pressure hose run in through the window.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I was pleasantly surprised to see the notice on our gate this morning that the electric was "only" p7800 something last month, I was expecting much more since I have been running the 1hp a/c almost non-stop during the day. I get all 3 a/c cleaned out regularly by a guy who takes them apart and blasts all the crap out with high pressure water, then pressure air to dry. Really makes a difference, I have seen some of the mold that can grown inside these things. 

• Like 2