Woken Up At 2Am By Massive Bass

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's now 2.37am and I've been awake half an hour after a nearby bar increased the bass and volume on their sound systems. It's beyond a joke. I usually go to bed before 11pm and it woke me up last Friday night as well.

I'd really like to hear suggestions except "it's useless, noise problems never get solved in the Philippines".

Respectfully, I've ALREADY heard that too much and it's absolutely useless advice. Any other suggestions are welcome.

It's in Alona beach area of Panglao, Bohol.

Edited by sandwichmaker

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

I can feel the bass vibration in my foot against my bed sheets!

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

It's now 2.37am and I've been awake half an hour after a nearby bar increased the bass and volume on their sound systems. It's beyond a joke. I usually go to bed before 11pm and it woke me up last Friday night as well.

I'd really like to hear suggestions except "it's useless, noise problems never get solved in the Philippines".

Respectfully, I've ALREADY heard that too much and it's absolutely useless advice. Any other suggestions are welcome.

It's in Alona beach area of Panglao, Bohol.

I have a similiar problem in Cebu. I usually stay at the Holiday Spa Hotel, unfortunately a club called "Basic" is right next door. This club is kind of a cool club for the cool kids of Cebu, so as a result it is very popular. On the weekends they really turn up the bass, and makes it difficult to sleep. I have had to resort to using ear plugs on the weekends when it has been really loud.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

the music is more than 80m away. It's the huge speakers kicking out bass that cause disturbance as much as 1km away. It's ridiculous. Where can I get ear plugs?

Edited by sandwichmaker

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

the music is more than 80m away. It's the huge speakers kicking out bass that cause disturbance as much as 1km away. It's ridiculous. Where can I get ear plugs?

I hear you, the Club Basic is about 50 metres away from the hotel...lol...I have industrial ear plugs that I use on site. However, your local chemist should have them some where.

Americano
Posted
Posted

The last time I was at Alona Beach there was a Tourist Police station on the right side of the street near the corner when you enter the street going down to Alone Beach. You could complain to the Policeman there to see if he can help you.

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would like to avoid upsetting the bar because even the t**ts there need a job like anyone else... but the thing is, when I walk past there are so many staff hanging around, I can't decide who to talk to. How can I decern who is in charge/ has the most influence? Preferably without being a customer, that head splitting s***ty music would drive me crazy in 10 f****ing seconds flat. 

Edited by sandwichmaker
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I can't speak about business establishments, only my own experience with noisy neighbors. Even after many visits over the years (usually during May and June) we finally made the big move December '12. Our neighbor has his own vidioke machine or a very big boom box. GANGGUM STYLE was playing non-stop, over and over very loadly. Thought it was funny at first. I asked another neighbor that I have known for years what "they" thought about it. Kind of a back hand suggestion to talk to the guy to knock it off. All I got was a shrug a wink and that Filipino flipping of the hand back and forth.

I know useless advise, but a funny story. :cheersty:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I had the same thing last night, I think due to Independance Day celebration but maybe not. When they have these things it affects the entire town, I am nowhere near these speakers. I use Mack's Ear Plugs, the malleable kind that you can shape into your ear. Doesn't stop the vibration though. It used to bother me quite a bit, not so much now.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My money says MikeB is right.  The organizer of the event or owner of the bar will have obtained a special event permit and it will all be legal.  Doesn't even have to be Independence Day, any excuse for a special event is normally granted a party and noise permit, especially if it is not on a normal work day.

If the music's too loud, you're not old enough.  Just wait a while and you'll be able to turn your hearing aid down.  :hystery:   Amazingly enough I actually got used to it unless its REALLY noisy.

• Like 1