Woken Up At 2Am By Massive Bass

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I'd really like to hear suggestions except "it's useless, noise problems never get solved in the Philippines".

I really don't think, there is an easy answer here or anywhere in the world. Since POP Music and the Teenager/ Adolescent  got together, it seems to be an on going problem.

I remember in the 60's my parents shouting " Turn that rubbish Down" as we get older, our Music tastes change. 

We Had a pretty Good Younger, Barangay captain a couple of years ago, he held a meeting with local residents about this very issue.

One thing he asked and it has always stuck in my Mind. Is it Really, the Volume, or the choice, of Music that you don't like?

It may not help in this instance but it is worth thinking about.  :unsure:

Morning All :tiphat:  :morning1:

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted

I don't care what type of music they play. I'm 27. I would listen to some of the stuff they play myself, I just care that my room is vibrating at 2.15am and I didn't get back to sleep until 6am (although they shut it off at 4am, I should be so lucky?).

crad
Posted
Posted

whjen you are in a country where the median age is less than 23 years, like the Philippines instead of just short of 41 years, like the UK, then you can hardly be surprised it can get a bit noisy on a Friday and Saturday night. The Philippines is after all, a very strong candidate for the title of 'noisest country in the world'. The Filipino threshold for being to tolerate loud noise is very high. They are used to it. I am not usually bothered about noise in the Philippines and in fact people, even Filipinos, are likelier to complain about the noise I make than I am to complain about theirs. To the extent I got banned, from a hotel in Cebu city once, and still am, for making too much noise. Filipinos in general might have a high tolerance for loud noise, but even so, they are the ones who go to bed quite early as they quite often have to get up at the crack of dawn to go to work, not me. If it was just weekends, then I would put up with it. If it was every night, then I would move to a different hotel. However as far as I understand it, the OP thought that the hotel they were staying in was so brilliant, that they decided to pay for a whole month in advance. I would not bother to complain to anybody really. Not the bar owner, not the cops, not the barangay captain, not anybody. They will just think you are another whining foreigner.

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I don't care what type of music they play. I'm 27. I would listen to some of the stuff they play myself, I just care that my room is vibrating at 2.15am and I didn't get back to sleep until 6am (although they shut it off at 4am, I should be so lucky?).

My hotel room in Cebu city was the last room on the 2nd floor and the street was right outside my window. Habal habal riding these lawn mower on 2 wheel scooter til 3am, and Jeepny barkers start screaming to riders at 7am I almost lost my mind. I walked to Rose Pharmacy and got a cheap pair of earplugs under 100 pesos! It did the trick I got better sleep at night.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I had to move out of the barangay we lived in because of the noise.  It got to the point it would go on close to 20 hours a day (3 different houses - 1 in a neighboring barangay!).  When I told the land lady why I was moving she said she agreed.  She hated the music too, then gave the standard Filipino shrug and "what can you do?"  I am in a much quieter neighborhood.  so far.  Until a bar opens next door ha ha

Sorry, but there is nothing you can do.  And earplugs don't stop that damn bass boom boom boom.   :tiphat:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

My hearing is not the greatest after being around tanks and automatic cannon, I'm kind of looking forward to the free music. Not to mention it will even the score, nobody else will be able to hear either. :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

A Swede had a house at Panglao, but felt he had to sell it very cheap after a karaoke bar opened just beside...

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

All of you guys are just getting old!   :hystery:

I remember in my younger (much younger) days when I was the walking bass guitar fanatic...   Yup!  I played as bad as some of the best!  And just as loud!  One of my favorite bands at the time was the old Genesis with Peter Gabriel still dong lead vocals...  Anybody remember a song called (I believe) "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway"?  The bass guitar was modulated and filtered and all sorts of fun things so that it was basically an extremely low frequency bordering on the inaudible and reported as being so low that the first 3 rows of fans at concerts would deficate themselves when the song was played...  Yes, I would word seriously hard to repeat that feat though I don't think I ever did...  Nobody said anything about my music making them poop!

Anyways, my point being...   We all thought it was fun when we were younger...  Now that we are older, we just better learn to live with it!

:tiphat:  :mocking:

• Like 3