Percentage Of Car Ownership In The Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I can easily believe the '3 in 100' figure for filipinos owning cars.  In the cities I am sure almost all of the residents have ridden on/in a car/pickup/jeep but there are rural areas where motorcycles and 2 feet are the primary methods of transportation.  There are plenty in the rural areas who have never ridden on a car, bus, plane, train, or even an elevator but I could not put a number on how many.  How many filipinos live in rural areas?  Pick half that number and that would be my guess on the ones who have never ridden in a car.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So much of the information on this thread has been pick and chose to show how bad the Filipinos have it over the improvements being fought for and obtained in the Philippines.  But when you look properly, all the information is available to show that things are getting better.  Maybe not for everybody right away but it is a start.  Now with things changing (such as the "Pork Barrel Scandal" coming up with impeachments and trials), things will get better much faster!  

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I wish it were so because I live here with my family and have a vested interest. It's not getting better, if anything it's getting worse. It's the same old, same old. Rich get richer and the poor have babies. The rich steal from the poor and every other cliche and overused hackneyed phrase under the sun. Maybe in a couple hundred years IF the RH Bill isn't repealed and is actually implemented but that's a big IF and it's a very long way off. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Now with things changing (such as the "Pork Barrel Scandal" coming up with impeachments and trials), things will get better much faster!

I  would like to agree with you here bob but one of the Filipino traits, is that they keep wanting to go back to how it was. it always seems that whatever anyone does for them, they can find a way to kick it back and score a home goal. I have said many times, We "The Foreigner" are our own worst enemies sometimes and Likewise to this, so can some (not all) of Filipinos, they get fed up, with False Hope and thus, carry on as before.

This is a great Pity, tell many that  "Rome was not Built in a day" and they will remind you, that God, created the world, in 7 days.

Moral to a lot is "If things don't change, they will stay as they are"

As we know, many live only for today and never give a thought to tomorrow, never mind next week. But don't you just love them, all the same.

JP :tiphat:

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Yet a vast majority of filipinos who are not married to foreigners are quite happy and will always vote for their favorite politician. you know vote for me I'll replace your roof. And that happened at the last election and he got in

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

just to make it complete everyone got their new roofs

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I wish it were so because I live here with my family and have a vested interest. It's not getting better, if anything it's getting worse. It's the same old, same old. Rich get richer and the poor have babies. The rich steal from the poor and every other cliche and overused hackneyed phrase under the sun. Maybe in a couple hundred years IF the RH Bill isn't repealed and is actually implemented but that's a big IF and it's a very long way off. 

Speaking up against greed and corruption and applauding those who are trying to change things - even on an expat forum like this - can help rid the country of it...  Even if just in a very minor way.  Moaning and groaning that nothing changes?  Throwing insults at those who do support change?  If you want to continue to support those who steal from the Filipino people and then cry about living in a squatter's shack and living on nothing but rice.  

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

So much of the information on this thread has been pick and chose to show how bad the Filipinos have it over the improvements being fought for and obtained in the Philippines. But when you look properly, all the information is

available to show that things are getting better.

Maybe not for everybody right away but it is a

start. Now with things changing (such as the "Pork Barrel Scandal" coming up with

impeachments and trials), things will get better

much faster!

I don't agree at all if you look at history.

Nothing much will come out of the pork barrel

When everyones hands are dirty they wash each other

Look at Marcos Estrada etc etc

The culture of greed is alive and well in the powers that be and will not be changing any time soon

Yes things are getting better but it's a long road and a couple of generations away

Fouriengers complaining about the culture and the government should complain about there own countries policys where there voice may carry some wieght because doing it here means nothing until you piss someone off then the guys on a black motor visit

robert k
Posted
Posted

All jests aside, I believe that the franchise accountant would probably notice if a new hire / trainee were being overpaid. There has also been some personal experience given with corroboration online.

Back to the subject at hand, I wonder if all the owner type jeeps and multicabs are being accounted for? Are they being considered cars for these statistics, foreigner announced statistics? I have seen advertisements for owner type jeeps or multicabs for that matter that approached the price of a used motorcycle. :unsure:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Any further posts not related to the topic will be removed.