Percentage Of Car Ownership In The Philippines

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

How did the topic change from percentage of car ownership to a discussion of how much Jollibee pays in wages?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Mike, time for another thread split?  Jollibee pay?

Crad, I suggest you take a few moments to word your posts carefully so that they help foster a friendly discussion.  You have a lot of knowledge to share and that is appreciated.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK

Since getting up this morning I have had nothing but problems with members and deleted, edited posts in more than one topic. One members is banned from this topic now, any further off topic anywhere on the forum will result in the off post topic being deleted and the member removed from the topic. Any snide remarks from members will get you banned.

Don't test me today 

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Back to the subject at hand, I wonder if all the owner type jeeps and multicabs are being accounted for? Are they being considered cars for these statistics, foreigner announced statistics? I have seen advertisements for owner type jeeps or multicabs for that matter that approached the price of a used motorcycle.

That's where I made my original mistake...  I assumed multicabs, pickup trucks, etc were included in these figures.  Turns out the person who started with the numbers used a site that list cars and only cars.  The more reliable sites offer the figures for cars plus also for any vehicle that is not strictly 2 wheels.  If you dig on the UN sites, you can find the numbers that will include all vehicles including motorcycles but they aren't sure if these numbers are anymore reliable than (in their words) the site that gives us only the numbers involving cars only.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob, I was just considering expanding on my previous post. I am sure that alot of multicab trucks (or L-300 / Kia 2700 or van/ taxi) start out as commercial vehicles and become the daily driver for a family towards the end of it's useful life.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Thanks Bob, I was just considering expanding on my previous post. I am sure that alot of multicab trucks (or L-300 / Kia 2700 or van/ taxi) start out as commercial vehicles and become the daily driver for a family towards the end of it's useful life.

We have a number of Barangays in Dumaguete, that use these cast offs, as communal transport. Much needed where other forms of transport are sparse

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

From my observation (nothing scientific) the roads continue to get more and more congested (I have observed this in Luzon, the Visayas and Mindanao). More vehicles on the roads (private cars, motorcycles). I see more and more new vehicles all of the time. I believe that the banks are pushing out all sorts of loans to support this. As are the motorcycle dealers. Several years ago I was looking at buying a repo vehicle for a second vehicle. I went to a bank to get a list of availables and they wanted me to bring paper for the printout! They said that they had over 30 pages! I am sure that a lot of said vehicles end up in the used car lots.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Hmmmmmmmmm I am not, in a very good mathematical frame of mind this morning so I need a little help please.

Last night, Azon and I did about a 1 and a half hour walk, of the Barangay with the Dogs.

Armed with last year's census results she gets from Work, We counted 138 houses, with an Average of 5 people per House, = 690 people. there were 48 Passenger cars in total,( well parked at that time.) and not looking derelict or unused.

Can someone with a better head for figures than I have this Morning, Convert that to the % of the 100 we have been talking about here. We would have Found more cars and lesser occupiers we felt, had it not rained and so never got to the close by 2 Sub Divisions.

I know we are talking nationally but I just thought, it would be interesting to see, the % in my Immediate Area

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I wonder if all the owner type jeeps and multicabs are being accounted for? Are they being considered cars for these statistics, foreigner announced statistics?
Well.

/In some ad categories, they are counted as "Other vehicles" together with lorries and such. MiniVANS too.

/but (if I have understood corect) they are registered, have to make same type of tests each year as cars, and demand CAR drivers license to drive.

So they don't seem to be registrered as cars, but are as such!   :)

Several years ago I was looking at buying a repo vehicle for a second vehicle. I went to a bank to get a list of availables and they wanted me to bring paper for the printout! They said that they had over 30 pages! I am sure that a lot of said vehicles end up in the used car lots.
Yes, some of them are stored and sold in Cebu city.

But I think the price need to be extra low if being a repo, because many Filipins don't never change oil even when the cars don't become repo  - except many has to refill oil by the motors are leaking oil   :mocking:

We counted 138 houses, with an Average of 5 people per House, = 690 people. there were 48 Passenger cars in total,( well parked at that time.) and not looking derelict or unused. Can someone with a better head for figures than I have this Morning, Convert that to the % of the 100 we have been talking about here.
That's 70 per 1000.

(I suppouse people, who afford to live in subdivisions, have cars more often than average Filipino.)

• Like 1