Raining Season, What Do You Do?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Well I haven't been there for a couple of months but SAO is telling me it's wet.  I'll ask her tomorrow.  

Good Morning Vietnam quote, was going to try to paraphrase it for you all but I think the master can do the delivery:

I still get a chuckle out that after all the time I've spent in SE Asia and living in the tropics in Aust.

"Nice if you're with a lady, no good if you're in a jungle!"

And here I was getting my quotes mixed up and joined together... "Nice if you're with a lady, not so nice of your with a lady in Comfortable Shoes..."

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

The weather in the Philippines varies greatly from one area to another just like in many countries, so if someone says its raining every day then it doesn't mean its raining every day in all of the Philippines.  One year in was in Manila for about one week. It was very dry with no rain at all but my girlfriend was in Mindanao where it was raining day and night every day. I believed her but I experienced it myself when I arrived there. It was miserable weather with no Sun and we couldn't dry our washed clothes.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The main problem with rain is it makes driving even more hazardous. Take a look at some of the tires on these vehicles, especially taxis, buses and construction trucks.

You are correct Mike. I guess there is no thread depth limit for tires in the Philippines and if there is no one is enforcing it. I think most people keep going until the tire blows out.

Slick tires have almost no traction on wet roads.

Rain, slick tires and engines leaking oil at the highway isn't a good combination   :)

The weather in the Philippines varies greatly from one area to another just like in many countries, so if someone says its raining every day then it doesn't mean its raining every day in all of the Philippines.  One year in was in Manila for about one week. It was very dry with no rain at all but my girlfriend was in Mindanao where it was raining day and night every day. I believed her but I experienced it myself when I arrived there. It was miserable weather with no Sun and we couldn't dry our washed clothes.

"Rain season" differ some in the different weather zones Phils have.

I don't know if it's every year,  but statistic for one year did show Surigao got as much rain only in January MONTH as Sweden get in a YEAR  :lol:

• Like 1