Hidden Gems?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmm, I am a little unsure how to phrase this or if it is even a good question to ask, but here it goes.

What are the hidden gems of the Philippines? I mean, I know there are beautiful women everywhere, but what are the BEST places in your experience? And I understand there are different kinds and standards of beauty but let's cover them all? To me it seems the north is mostly comprised of the traditional Asian featured beauties, the south the more Euro style mixed beauties and well in the middle it is a mixture of both. (All this based on just checking online photos out of curiosity.) But considering all 3 types what specific places would you recommend?

Why do I ask? I will travel all over but of course can't cover everywhere so I would like to know which places to try to cover in say a 1 month tour of trying to meet different people in different cities and getting to know them and then I hope to stay an additional 2 months more and see what happens after that.

I have heard this question asked other places online and some are hesitant to answer because they don't want jerks with the wrong motives flooding those places and ruining them. If you feel more comfortable sending a PM then that is fine but from what I have seen on this forum this is a mature lot with mostly good honorable motives. Looking forward to the responses. :thumbsup:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

What are the hidden gems of the Philippines? I mean, I know there are beautiful women everywhere, but what are the BEST places in your experience? 

Why do I ask? I will travel all over but of course can't cover everywhere so I would like to know which places to try to cover in say a 1 month tour of trying to meet different people in different cities and getting to know them and then I hope to stay an additional 2 months more and see what happens after that.

As soon as you get off the plane, the best laid plans is thrown out the window when you see, touch and smell

a diamond in the rough.  It only takes a shy smile and seductive eye contact to cast a voodoo on your heart.  

You need to bring double horse blinders even when you have a serious relationship already.  The ladies are

on a prowl and they will see you as fresh meat.......he, he.

I mentioned this before but no matter what island or city, I think I would hang out around cafe's, restaurants

and business parks near the call centers and nursing schools.  Armed yourself with a simple point and shoot

camera and with their permission (always be a gentleman) you can download hundreds of photos into your

laptop or tablet.  They love seeing photos of themselves and will appreciate that you gave them your personal

card (customized of course) for a later midnight rendezvous.  Don't be alarmed if they come in groups!

It is a target enriched environment and surrendering your heart is often times the only course of action.  Your

plans to visit other places......forgetaboutit.  

post-686-0-95003700-1406848371_thumb.jpg post-686-0-42508200-1406848884_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 5

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
It is a target enriched environment and surrendering your heart is often times the only course of action.  Your plans to visit other places......forgetaboutit.  

Great observations and thoughts Jake! So you are thinking once one lands they will be too awestruck by the immediate choices they will not even want to bother traveling to other parts of the Philippines?

Jake
Posted
Posted

It is a target enriched environment and surrendering your heart is often times the only course of action.  Your plans to visit other places......forgetaboutit.  

Great observations and thoughts Jake! So you are thinking once one lands they will be too awestruck by the immediate choices they will not even want to bother traveling to other parts of the Philippines?

That's affirmative.  It only took that one special hello from Judy and I was done, like overdone.

Nothing else mattered.....I even had to force myself to breath again.  

post-686-0-25379200-1406852272_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
That's affirmative.  It only took that one special hello from Judy and I was done, like overdone. Nothing else mattered.....I even had to force myself to breath again.  

Wow that is some pretty powerful stuff bro! Well you have much more experience than me so I will just have to take your good word until I experience it for myself. In that case which gem of a place would you recommend traveling to?

Everyone else pretty much agree? I look forward to hearing from anyone who wants to chime in!

PS With all due respect and admiration I still have to say one thing about your wife....WOW! You are my hero dude!  :10001:

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Going beyond looks there are also different sub cultures in the Philippines by region and between city and province.

If you get serious about a nice young lady then those factors become more and more important.

My wife is from a remote mountain area of the northern Cordillera mountains on Luzon. Her family is very proud and between her family and monetary gifts from those attending the wedding I paid less than half the cost of our wedding celebration. Everyone attending felt they needed to contribute something. Some rice and at least a few pesos to the bride and groom. We fed over 300 who attended and 3 pigs were butchered over the course of the days preparing for the wedding and the wedding celebration itself. I had expected to pay for it all. They are a prominent family in their village and have been there over a century but do not generate much income in pesos. Mostly the salary my wife's mother makes as a teacher.

My wife's oldest sister works OFW as an OR nurse in Saudi. On her last vacation home she stayed with us a few days then I rented a car and we all drove up to the family home in the province. She often would insist that she pay for meals and such when we ate out at a restaurant.

I don't think I will have any of the problems others here have reported with never ending requests for money from the family. Of course I do often pay for meals when we go out with other family members and have paid for a few other things to help out.

I did get one request from the Mayor who presided over our civil wedding and my wife's father. I flew back to the US last spring for a few weeks. They requested that I purchase and carry back with me some fertilized chicken eggs from prize winning cock fighting roosters in the US.

That was an easy request to defer. Can you imagine all the paperwork for exporting/importing fertilized eggs and the headaches of traveling with live fertilized eggs half way around the world. How many would survive the trip?

If I could manage to pull this off I think I would be a rockstar in their eyes!

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am betting that the best looking girls are in zamboanga del norte  :hystery:

It seems that most of the scammers on line say they are from there as they know it is not safe for a foreigner to travel there so they have little fear of being caught in their lies.  BUT, since few foreigners go there then there may really be some beauties there.  Kinda like finding an untouched pond to fish in.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
prize winning cock fighting roosters in the US.

Is there such a thing?  I cannot imagine cock fighting being legal in USA.

• Like 1

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Personally, Manila has the complete variety of women that the Philippines offers because so many migrate there from all over the country.  It runs the gamut from the stereotypical "native" look to basically Caucasian with everything in between.  I personally find the mestiza women very attractive.

• Like 3