Hidden Gems?

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

They are because they are in high demand.  They have the local dudes falling all over themselves to get with them and thus can command a premium for their affections and attention.  Filipinos laugh at foreigners (particularly Americans) because they tend to prefer the more "exotic" looking women whom the Filipino men think are, for the most part, less desirable.  I have explained many times that opposites attract.  If an American wanted a white woman he would just stay in America and have a real one - not go to the Philippines to get a quasi-white one (that is mostly to piss them off when they are getting snarky about foreigners and "ugly"(to them) women)).

I am guessing there are always exceptions to this high maintenance rule, but personally I want to stay as far away as possible from high maintenance women. However lets say that an foreigner met an exception to the rule or didn't mind high maintenance would he have a fighting chance or even advantage over a Filipino in getting such a woman? And by high maintenance do you just mean physical up keep? (Shoes, dresses, makeup etc) Or do you mean they think to highly of them selves and tend to have an attitude?

In addition are there more Mestizas in the Cebu area or more south in Davao and Zamboanga?

Of course you would have a chance.  Filipino dudes are secretly thankful that most foreigners don't care for Mestizas :thumbsup: But be careful what you wish for.  High maintenance means just that.  Besides the high end shops and high end restaurants there is no end to the high drama.  I don't imagine that you are looking for that at this stage of life.

There are more mestizas numbers-wise in Manila than either of those places because it has a much larger population.  If you are really determined to find a mestiza you could try in Angeles City or Olongapo which has had an American presence there for over 100 years so percentage-wise there would be more there than any other given population.

HIDDEN GEM 

Boy, you guys are great for making this topic hot.  This topic is only 4 days old and it already has 40 posts!

Wonderful perspectives only through the eyes who have there -- keep going guys, you've got me captivated.

Here is the reason why both OMW and I are addicted to halo-halo (mix-mix).  Thank god, the Spanish friars

were busy providing community services (for 3 hundred years) and passed on those genes to Judy's family.

Actually, I should rephrase that......I really didn't care what her skin tone would be when I first met her.  All

I cared about was her bunny tail.......he, he.  

Perhaps that is the hidden gem within YOU.  Aside from the exotic beauty of her silky black hair as it falls

to caress her sensuous curves and valleys, it was her inner soul that captured your heart....hence, eternal

soul mates.   

Yeah, I believe in miracles.  I am living proof of that as the ugly carabao that makes terrible utots.......

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spil chek
  • Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

A very good point about those Spanish friars.

The Spanish did not have a "colonial Civil Service" of professional bureaucrats to run their Empire; they used the Church wherever possible. In a small town, the Friar was simply the boss - of everything, from land disputes to whether you got to Heaven. And he was by definition single and "chaste"... Naturally, he was offered the pick of the prettiest women... getting your daughter into el Fraile's bed was a good way to secure your position in the area.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

The Spanish did not have a "colonial Civil Service" of professional bureaucrats to run their Empire; they used the Church wherever possible. In a small town, the Friar was simply the boss - of everything, from land disputes to whether you got to Heaven. And he was by definition single and "chaste"... Naturally, he was offered the pick of the prettiest women... getting your daughter into el Fraile's bed was a good way to secure your position in the area.

Sadly this has happened all too often in many countries. Same in Mexico. In Mexico City there is a big church with a display of the bones of the deceased babies fathered by well..."fathers".  :unsure: That is not to get religious, just a Mexican historical fact that relates.

• Like 1

Miguk
Posted
Posted

And up till now they think they still own the place! If they want to have such an outsized influence on social policy then they need to pay taxes like everyone else!

• Like 2