Hidden Gems?

Miguk
Posted
Posted

prize winning cock fighting roosters in the US.

Is there such a thing?  I cannot imagine cock fighting being legal in USA.

Legality has nothing to do with popularity

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

prize winning cock fighting roosters in the US.

Is there such a thing?  I cannot imagine cock fighting being legal in USA.

From an ABC news article earlier this year, "This is the world of cockfighting, which is still legal in Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma, where it is a billion dollar-a-year industry."

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Personally, Manila has the complete variety of women that the Philippines offers because so many migrate there from all over the country.  It runs the gamut from the stereotypical "native" look to basically Caucasian with everything in between.  I personally find the mestiza women very attractive.

Mestiza are the Euro/Caucasian types you refer to right? If so then I agree, even though I like all the types of women I have seen from there. But the Mestiza women basically look like a mixture of Euro and Asian and I think mixed women are quite attractive. But I also like the very Asian ones that are more to the north I think.

• Like 1

Miguk
Posted
Posted

Personally, Manila has the complete variety of women that the Philippines offers because so many migrate there from all over the country.  It runs the gamut from the stereotypical "native" look to basically Caucasian with everything in between.  I personally find the mestiza women very attractive.

Mestiza are the Euro/Caucasian types you refer to right? If so then I agree, even though I like all the types of women I have seen from there. But the Mestiza women basically look like a mixture of Euro and Asian and I think mixed women are quite attractive. But I also like the very Asian ones that are more to the north I think.

No, the Euro/Caucasian types are really Euro/Caucasian. While not large in number, there are Spanish and other nationalities that have lived in Manila for many years.  There are also many of what you refer as "Asian" types (Filipinos are also Asian :dance: ) meaning northeast asian....Chinese have lived in the Philippines for centuries and Koreans are basically taking over the place! Mix in the occasional Indian along with the ubiquitous Americans and you have a melting pot that turns out the most beautiful women.  You will not find such a variety anywhere else in the country.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
No, the Euro/Caucasian types are really Euro/Caucasian. While not large in number, there are Spanish and other nationalities that have lived in Manila for many years.  There are also many of what you refer as "Asian" types (Filipinos are also Asian ) meaning northeast asian....Chinese have lived in the Philippines for centuries and Koreans are basically taking over the place! Mix in the occasional Indian along with the ubiquitous Americans and you have a melting pot that turns out the most beautiful women.  You will not find such a variety anywhere else in the country.

Perhaps I described it wrong but I think we are still talking about the same type. Could you post a pic of the type of woman you were describing as mestiza?

Maybe like these?

post-4348-0-38783600-1406867290_thumb.jp

post-4348-0-34909100-1406867291_thumb.jp

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
Maybe like these? Attached Thumbnails

Yes, the classic "Mestiza" look, much favoured in models and movie starlets.

If the young lady is American-Filipina, like the reigning Miss World, we say she is Tisay, and if she is Chinese-mestiza we say she is Chimay.

Many Filipinas wish for a mestiza daughter,, whose earnings will keep them in their old age (this is still a nation where your children are your pension).

I happen to have a mestiza niece, but she is a little young at the present time, being all of two years old. None the less, her mother has high hopes for her!

I hope you don't mind if I use more ordinary women to illustrate:

For comparison here is a "classic" pure Tagalog - the Tagalogs (the taga -ilog - the people of the river) were the original people of the area around Manila: She would I take it be your "more Asian" model?

50edfdfe-771b-41cd-b0b0-fc3cbbe59577_zps

My ex wife, in fact, aged 24.

The present model at the same age (neither of these pics is recent!) - a Visaya - Illonggo mixture with for sure some Caucasian present (she has faint freckles!)

67f81e34-7921-4f35-bde9-77498e42e8b4_zps

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Dang Andrew, you're the Man of the Hour!  You have captured (literally) the native beauty of the Oriental charm. 

I have also been a man who appreciate the brunette more and the long, silky black hair with that smile of beauty

and grace, will always capture my heart.  Well done, my friend!

I want to commend Miguk about his summary of the Philippines anthropology lesson.  Way before the Spanish

galleons arrived, the Philippine Islands were centrally located in the ancient maritime trade routes.  One could

imagine the halo-halo (mix-mix) effect of all the blood lines for the last millenium.  I'm sure the ancient Filipino

mariners also had a girlfriend or two, three in every port......he, he.  Perhaps someone could research the make

up of the Filipino blood line.  I would imagine that family tree would have many branches -- perhaps even more

underground......he, he.  

This is another photo (my personal favorite): She is the halo-halo effect of Spanish and German from my wife's

genes and me, the ugly dark carabao from the mountain province of northern Luzon......he, he.

post-686-0-22466300-1406901190.jpg 

Thank god, she rejected my ugly genes.........

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Your daughter is quite, quite, lovely, Jake! You must be very proud of her!

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Going beyond looks there are also different sub cultures in the Philippines by region and between city and province.

If you get serious about a nice young lady then those factors become more and more important.

My wife is from a remote mountain area of the northern Cordillera mountains on Luzon. Her family is very proud and between her family and monetary gifts from those attending the wedding I paid less than half the cost of our wedding celebration. Everyone attending felt they needed to contribute something. Some rice and at least a few pesos to the bride and groom. We fed over 300 who attended and 3 pigs were butchered over the course of the days preparing for the wedding and the wedding celebration itself. I had expected to pay for it all. They are a prominent family in their village and have been there over a century but do not generate much income in pesos. Mostly the salary my wife's mother makes as a teacher.

My wife's oldest sister works OFW as an OR nurse in Saudi. On her last vacation home she stayed with us a few days then I rented a car and we all drove up to the family home in the province. She often would insist that she pay for meals and such when we ate out at a restaurant.

I don't think I will have any of the problems others here have reported with never ending requests for money from the family. Of course I do often pay for meals when we go out with other family members and have paid for a few other things to help out.

I did get one request from the Mayor who presided over our civil wedding and my wife's father. I flew back to the US last spring for a few weeks. They requested that I purchase and carry back with me some fertilized chicken eggs from prize winning cock fighting roosters in the US.

That was an easy request to defer. Can you imagine all the paperwork for exporting/importing fertilized eggs and the headaches of traveling with live fertilized eggs half way around the world. How many would survive the trip?

If I could manage to pull this off I think I would be a rockstar in their eyes!

Did you tell them that cock fighting is illegal in the US?  People go to jail for fighting roosters there.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Your daughter is quite, quite, lovely, Jake! You must be very proud of her!

Yes indeed, I am very proud of her.  She takes after her mom's attitude by taking no chit from nobody.

She is very affirmative and yet respectful and always charming.  Yeah, my daughter Vania will throw

a tampo sometimes but I usually put a smile to her face when I make her favorite Filipino dish:

Rice and fish heads and she still eats with her hands......he, he.  Sometimes I will see the hidden gem

appear before my eyes.  My wife teases me to no end when she has one foot on the chair as she eats

with her fingers.  I find that too sensual.....yeah, I'm weird.  

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
SPIL CHEK
  • Like 3